What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

BlueandGold

Juniors
You really think advertising is really such a big deal ? It's finals time. If you're an NRL fan you know when the game are on and you either choose to go or not to go. A billboard isnt going to change your mind.

So how do we get Neutrals to go to the game, Advertising?

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Despite the lower than expected crowd the atmosphere was great, there were a lot nor dragons fans than I thought, I would say 18-20k dogs and 13-5k dragons fans.

"no Manly & less games in Sydney helps"

Thank god they got rid of Toovey for an unproven first grade coach. Having manly down the bottom of the ladder will surely boost the average next year.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Despite the lower than expected crowd the atmosphere was great, there were a lot nor dragons fans than I thought, I would say 18-20k dogs and 13-5k dragons fans.

"no Manly & less games in Sydney helps"

Thank god they got rid of Toovey for an unproven first grade coach. Having manly down the bottom of the ladder will surely boost the average next year.

My Dream top 8 for finals Crowds.

Broncos
Eels
Dogs
Warriors
Souths
Cowboys
Knights
West Tigers

This type of finals Series would be of the chain..:)

So how do we get Neutrals to go to the game, Advertising?

Make it an event in itself. Things like, wait for it, fireworks help with this. :crazy:

Can I say, the NRL organised game-"day" at Suncorp last night was fairly lacklustre compared to what the Broncos normally come up with. Under 7s before the game followed by the same under 7s at half time. Awesome. 1964 wants its gameday experience back. The fireworks were the only, pun intended, bright patch. And you know what, they were great.

But the Broncos gameday is second to none in comparison. And I think the fact that the experience is more than the footy, is part of the reason that the Broncs have decent crowds.

Cue Sydney-sides shitting on what I have just said. Proof's in the pudding.

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
Wow talk about putting the cart before the horse.

It's a known fact fireworks aren't cheap - especially when they're using FOTI - the same mob who do the NYE stuff for City of Sydney.

The point isn't "fireworks are to blame for lazy Sydney fans" - the point is that the NRL could use their resources far better.

Even allowing for the fact "no one gives two shits about the stupid game", next week Sydney v Richmond/North Melb will probably outdraw the Bulldogs v Roosters game, and probably last night's for that matter.

There's nothing wrong with more advertising and if it meant a few less fireworks at each game this round I don't see why it would be an issue.

Sure - credit to the NRL for something more interesting than a relay race pre-game...

Having fireworks had zero to do with fans not turning up, just like last year's shit crowds without fireworks.

33k for an elim final featuring the Bulldogs and the Dragons is crap.

#passion

It's a known fact fireworks aren't cheap - especially when they're using FOTI - the same mob who do the NYE stuff for City of Sydney.

The point isn't "fireworks are to blame for lazy Sydney fans" - the point is that the NRL could use their resources far better.

No. Lazy Sydney fans are to blame for lazy Sydney fans. And when the gameday experience 26 weeks of the year is, on the whole, sitting in a decrepit old suburban park with a bunch of other hardcores, it isn't surprising their (Sydneysiders) behaviour isn't going to be transformed all of a sudden because there has been some good advertising.

To give the NRL a lot of credit, how much lobbying do you think they have been doing to get the NSW to commit so much money to stadium modernisation. And you idiots south of the border can't see past a few fireworks. FFS. Time to get off your arse Sydney.

Even allowing for the fact "no one gives two shits about the stupid game", next week Sydney v Richmond/North Melb will probably outdraw the Bulldogs v Roosters game, and probably last night's for that matter.

No one gives two shits about it... but they will give enough of a shit to attend. Hmmm.

There's nothing wrong with more advertising and if it meant a few less fireworks at each game this round I don't see why it would be an issue.

"Fewer", not "less". Don't you hate pedants, Timmah?

I don't think I'm a wanker for thinking Bulldogs and the Dragons underachieved.

You aren't and they did.

pHyR3

Juniors
You really think advertising is really such a big deal ? It's finals time. If you're an NRL fan you know when the game are on and you either choose to go or not to go. A billboard isnt going to change your mind.

and what about neutrals? thats where you can lift it by a few thousand

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Over 80000 fans will attend the three games in Sydney. That is pretty bloody good

Celebrating mediocrity...

80,000 is just pathetic for 3 sydney finals games.
AFL.. 60,000 plus at MCG
82,000 plus in Perth for 2 games.

The 60,000 at the AFL is superb, Western Bulldogs v Adelaide and they pulled 60,000. Amazing crowd.

No. Lazy Sydney fans are to blame for lazy Sydney fans. And when the gameday experience 26 weeks of the year is, on the whole, sitting in a decrepit old suburban park with a bunch of other hardcores, it isn't surprising their (Sydneysiders) behaviour isn't going to be transformed all of a sudden because there has been some good advertising.

To give the NRL a lot of credit, how much lobbying do you think they have been doing to get the NSW to commit so much money to stadium modernisation. And you idiots south of the border can't see past a few fireworks. FFS. Time to get off your arse Sydney.

Word.

insert.pause

First Grade
Dogs v Dragons got 37k for a normal club game about 5 years ago.

These days in Sydney no one actually talks about the game in the lead up and instead all talk is about all the off field bullshit because the media & clubs and the NRL are all trying to point score off each other, bottles & player boycotts, TV deals, smith and grant, that's all coming at the expense of hype around the actual games.

Courier mail was full of articles about the derby and they get a sellout.

The game in Sydney needs to stop being so petty and fighting against each other and appreciate the bigger picture, the code, not egos.

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
By the looks of it we will post the highest attendance for the first week of finals if not ever but certainly for a long long time and a lot of the mob in here will be disappointed.

What a miserable bunch some of you are!

Latest posts