What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Yeah Roosters will probably roll the Dogs.

Really hope they don't move from Allianz a sell out would look good and they wouldn't get much more at ANZ anyway

when it comes to all Sydney matchups it falls on the designated home sides preference, which will obviously be Allianz so that won't be changing. Cannot see a sellout or even close to it unfortunately, will likely end up 28-32k. Don't know about others but it being a Friday night will prevent me from going sadly

Brutus

Referee
when it comes to all Sydney matchups it falls on the designated home sides preference, which will obviously be Allianz so that won't be changing. Cannot see a sellout or even close to it unfortunately, will likely end up 28-32k. Don't know about others but it being a Friday night will prevent me from going sadly

Agree. It won't be a sell-out.

Sharkman05

Juniors
Sharks had 19000+ of their own fans last week at Cronulla and will probably out number Souffs tomorrow.

The myth that Cronulla have no support is just that!

Poor crowd for two of the bigger clubs should have been around 40 000 for week one of the finals.

user_nat

Coach
Goes to show how ridiculous the 52500 at Origin 3 was. Cause I'm pretty sure those member blokes don't actually watch sport.

mattyg

Bench
Disappointing turnout by dragons fans tonight. The dogs end was packed and the dragons end very bare. Really should have cracked 40k but the crowd was probably about par. I think we should get 35k plus next week at the dogs v roosters. We usually head over to Allianz in big numbers. Really looking forward to it

Ice_Storm

Juniors
Not enough is done to attract neutrals to games. Has to be some deal if your a member of a non playing team to encourage more to attend,

guyver78

Juniors
Yeah Roosters will probably roll the Dogs.

Really hope they don't move from Allianz a sell out would look good and they wouldn't get much more at ANZ anyway

Why would or should they move to ANZ? No chance of that happening and besides Roosters supporters traditionally don't travel well to ANZ unless it's for the Grand Final.

guyver78

Juniors
It's a shame Parra haven't been good enough because we all know if parra were playing either of these two the crowd would easily be inaccess of 45,000 and this is why all these haters hate is because the NRL NEED Parramatta in their comp.....in fairness Eels need to get their shit together to achieve the above.

Oh rubbish, I hear this all the time. If only the Eels or Tigers were good they'd pack the stadium out, absolute crap.

What happened a few years ago is a different story to today.

We just have to come to terms with the harsh reality that crowds in the NRL are on a decline & have been slowly for a number of years even from the well drawing Sydney teams & Brisbane.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Disappointing turnout by dragons fans tonight. The dogs end was packed and the dragons end very bare. Really should have cracked 40k but the crowd was probably about par. I think we should get 35k plus next week at the dogs v roosters. We usually head over to Allianz in big numbers. Really looking forward to it

Anything below 35,000 would be disappointing, but it wouldnt surprise me.

Roosters will again play on a Friday night elimination semi, they only attracted 18,000 last year, I wonder if the Dogs fans will out draw them.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Too much ridiculous money spent on fireworks. Should be spent on more marketing. One walk through Central Station and even a big banner over the Sydney Airport exit... all AFL Finals - and just ONE game is being played in Sydney FFS.

insert.pause

First Grade
Too much ridiculous money spent on fireworks. Should be spent on more marketing. One walk through Central Station and even a big banner over the Sydney Airport exit... all AFL Finals - and just ONE game is being played in Sydney FFS.

So now fireworks are to blame for lazy Sydney fans, AFL has to pay for advertising in Sydney because no one gives two shits about the stupid game and without it no one would have the foggiest who was playing.

Gotta laugh, all league fans do is f**king whinge, there were people on Twitter whinging about the fireworks, yet if the NRL did nothing they would whinge about that too.

pHyR3

Juniors
Seems to me this could go close to being the highest drawing finals series ever.
The 3 games so far, plus say a 82k GF gives:

=186.8k

Souths vs Sharks 30k
Chooks vs Dogs 35k
Cowboys 27k
Storm 29k
Broncos 50k

=171k

Total = 358k

Record to beat = 351.5k

insert.pause

First Grade
Seems to me this could go close to being the highest drawing finals series ever.
The 3 games so far, plus say a 82k GF gives:

=186.8k

Souths vs Sharks 30k
Chooks vs Dogs 35k
Cowboys 27k
Storm 29k
Broncos 50k

=171k

Total = 358k

Record to beat = 351.5k
no Manly & less games in Sydney helps

Latest posts