What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

ouwet

Bench
Dogs will out draw roosters fans comfortably, doubt the crowd will be any bigger than today's at ANZ, maybe 27-8k.

Nah SFS on a Friday night is a nightmare if you live/work out West!

I finish work at Seven Hills at 5pm... Go home, shower and drive will take forever THEN have to find parking!

I'm still going, my boss is cool, I'll leave a little early, but many people will be turned off and just watch it on TV

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
Nah SFS on a Friday night is a nightmare if you live/work out West!

I finish work at Seven Hills at 5pm... Go home, shower and drive will take forever THEN uni have to find parking!

I'm still going, my boss is cool, I'll leave a little early, but many people will be turned off and just watch it on TV

Hopefully being a final there will be more of you making the effort. At least the game probably won't start until 8:15 at earliest.

Clifferd

Coach
when it comes to all Sydney matchups it falls on the designated home sides preference, which will obviously be Allianz so that won't be changing. Cannot see a sellout or even close to it unfortunately, will likely end up 28-32k. Don't know about others but it being a Friday night will prevent me from going sadly

Ahhh yeah probably true, honestly does deserve a sell out though! sudden death football, both coming off tight games massive rivalries etc..

Clifferd

Coach
Why would or should they move to ANZ? No chance of that happening and besides Roosters supporters traditionally don't travel well to ANZ unless it's for the Grand Final.

Haha I guess we shouldn't expect any less from the NRL really.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
We just have to come to terms with the harsh reality that crowds in the NRL are on a decline & have been slowly for a number of years even from the well drawing Sydney teams & Brisbane.

Bullshit.
For week 1 finals the 3 crowds so far have been a huge increase on previous seasons.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Bullshit.
For week 1 finals the 3 crowds so far have been a huge increase on previous seasons.

Come to think of it, we're 3 games in and already we've beaten the previous 3 seasons in week 1, and anything over 19,000 tomorrow could be a record for week 1 in the finals.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Absolutely meaningless comparison when Brisbane is there as such a statistical outlier.

A Brisbane round 3 match will get more than most Easts finals matches. It doesn't mean anything significant. They're 50% ahead of every other team every week of the year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So now fireworks are to blame for lazy Sydney fans, AFL has to pay for advertising in Sydney because no one gives two shits about the stupid game and without it no one would have the foggiest who was playing.

Gotta laugh, all league fans do is f**king whinge, there were people on Twitter whinging about the fireworks, yet if the NRL did nothing they would whinge about that too.

Wow talk about putting the cart before the horse.

It's a known fact fireworks aren't cheap - especially when they're using FOTI - the same mob who do the NYE stuff for City of Sydney.

The point isn't "fireworks are to blame for lazy Sydney fans" - the point is that the NRL could use their resources far better.

Even allowing for the fact "no one gives two shits about the stupid game", next week Sydney v Richmond/North Melb will probably outdraw the Bulldogs v Roosters game, and probably last night's for that matter.

There's nothing wrong with more advertising and if it meant a few less fireworks at each game this round I don't see why it would be an issue.

Sure - credit to the NRL for something more interesting than a relay race pre-game...

elbusto

Coach
Nice to see us positioned to destroy an attendance record and yet we have a pack of wankers here complaining about it

guyver78

Juniors
Nice to see us positioned to destroy an attendance record and yet we have a pack of wankers here complaining about it

What are you guys all excited about? Brisbane being in the finals getting a home game boosting averages up by 30K doesn't count.

Substitute the Cowboys v Brisbane game for a Panthers v Sea Esgles & all of the sudden the averages are way down already.

elbusto

Coach
Thats the problem with this thread. Its full of negativity. We will get 130000 fans in week one and you all whinge about it. Ffs

Why do people continue to have unrealistic expectations? That game was never going to crack 40k. Anyone with any sort of logic can see that.

BlueandGold

Juniors
33k for an elim final featuring the Bulldogs and the Dragons is crap.

My breakdown of the Crowd.....22k doggies to 11k Dragons supporters.

Unrealistic expectations.........are you for real?

Its a shit crowd for 2 large sydney teams, that's just reality.

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
Thats the problem with this thread. Its full of negativity. We will get 130000 fans in week one and you all whinge about it. Ffs

After three games of week 1 of the playoffs, crowd figures are already well ahead of last years total for four games. Potentially after todays game crowds could be up 50 percent on last year.

The highest crowd last year in week 1 was 25,733.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yeah, haven't the Bulldogs and Dragons got around 30k for a regular season game, its not unrealistic or negative to think that they should have pulled more. Hell, if I was in Sydney, I would have gone.

Snappy

Coach
You really think advertising is really such a big deal ? It's finals time. If you're an NRL fan you know when the game are on and you either choose to go or not to go. A billboard isnt going to change your mind.

Latest posts