What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

insert.pause

First Grade
Flapper. No. FAIL. You cant add 32,747 twice, it was only one crowd, it must be split.

They calculated:
total:110,189/ 4 = 27,547

CORRECT AVERAGE
total:77,442 / 4 games = 19,360.

Or if divided by three crowds: 25,814.

who cares, it doesn't change the fact that 2015 was a record, rugby league fans really love to whinge, no wonder the media write negative stories, it's what we want, should celebrate the little victories.

Billythekid

First Grade
We did have 2 all sydney games and a Broncos home game against the cowboys no less. It was always going to be a strong week 1. None of the crowds were really all that spectacular and all 3 Sydney crowds were disappointing.

The most interesting thing is just how fast the souths fan base had seemingly abandoned their club. It'll be interesting to see what happens if they struggle at all next year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Maybe 2000 Souffs fans there. Their fans knew their side were dog shit and weren't going to waste half their pension cheque on tickets, obviously

15.5k Sharks

11.5k Souths

That's the truth.

On Eastern side Souths had it all full from half way to the try line and Souths had 2 full bays on western side plus more supporters scattered on the western side plus most of the support in the western side top tier or whatever it's called.

A lot of people are being unreasonable here. Doesn't surprise me though with all the Souths hatred.

Honestly it was 60percent Sharks and 40percent Souths.

Billythekid

First Grade
Even if there were that many souths fans at the game, which is bring VERY generous, that's still a pretty damn poor showing. Supposedly the biggest fan base outside of the broncos and bringing less fans than the sharks.

Happy to be wrong about the Sharks fan base in this case. Well done Cronulla supporters. I think 60-40 may be being a tad generous to Souths but probably not by much.

Geez, I thought our turnout on Saturday was shit!

Does that mean that if Dragons played Souths in an elimination final you could only expect 12k dragons and 10k souths?

Truly embarrassing turnout this weekend from 2 supposedly big clubs

Flapper

First Grade
Flapper. No. FAIL. You cant add 32,747 twice, it was only one crowd, it must be split.

They calculated:
total:110,189/ 4 = 27,547

CORRECT AVERAGE
total:77,442 / 4 games = 19,360.

Or if divided by three crowds: 25,814.

If I went to both those games I am counted for seeing two games. The fact its in the same place counts for nought. Half of me didn't see one game and half of me the other game. I count as one crowd member for one game and one for the other. It's not a terribly hard concept to grasp really.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If I went to both those games I am counted for seeing two games. The fact its in the same place counts for nought. Half of me didn't see one game and half of me the other game. I count as one crowd member for one game and one for the other. It's not a terribly hard concept to grasp really.

The crowd was not 65,494. Simple.

ouwet

Bench
Really impressed with the Brisbane/Nth QLD crowd.
Impressed with the Sharks turn out (Didn't think Cronulla had that many supporters who travel)...
Impressed with the Roosters turn out against Melbourne.

Disappointed with the South Sydney turn out (Should've been minimum 15-20K)
Disappointed with the Dragons turn out (Should've been minimum 20K)
Really disappointed with the Bulldogs turn out (Should've been minimum 25K alone)!

Overall though crowds were ok... I think my expectations are just too high for the above 3 teams!

Saint Doc

Coach
Our supporter base has evaporated. I cant explain it. Dragons fans attend ANZAC day and grand finals only these days. Other than that we're on par with roosters, manly and penrith. Terrible.

Valheru

Coach
Friday night should be a top crowd. If the same 19k roosters fans turn up and the bulldogs do the same which they are likely to do we are looking at possibly 40k.

However, getting above 35-36k at the SFS is tough as you are starting to rely on all the members/corporates etc. and that only normally happens for A-league GFs and the like.

insert.pause

First Grade
Our supporter base has evaporated. I cant explain it. Dragons fans attend ANZAC day and grand finals only these days. Other than that we're on par with roosters, manly and penrith. Terrible.

One generation are dead, another too old to go to games and the rest think the Dragons stand for boring.

insert.pause

First Grade
Friday night should be a top crowd. If the same 19k roosters fans turn up and the bulldogs do the same which they are likely to do we are looking at possibly 40k.

However, getting above 35-36k at the SFS is tough as you are starting to rely on all the members/corporates etc. and that only normally happens for A-league GFs and the like.

rain forecast apparently, which might make getting 20k a stretch.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Stadium members are evil!

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
I wonder what trivial nonsense will detract from the game this week? If Hayne plays we can kiss any big build-up to Friday goodbye.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah rain meant to set in Sydney late Wednesday which will deter any sort of walk up crowd and late ticket sales. 20k might be a stretch Friday night which is really disappointing

let's pray it clears up

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
All that had to be done to end the sooking about the stupid graph was reply to them on twitter and ask for a chronological version.

(let's just pretend 2013 is 19k average)

Voila:

CO0zt2hUkAA6zmf.jpg