What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

Perth Red

Post Whore
comes down to how valuable the product or event is seen to be by the public. Rolling Stones concert can get 60,000 at $300 a ticket. If RL fans felt attending a finals game was special, worthwhile and valuable, pricing wouldn't be that big an issue. the fact we undervalue our own game probably says a lot about RL generally.

So what makes you as a customer feel it is worth spending $75 for a ticket to an entertainment event?

thorson1987

Coach
comes down to how valuable the product or event is seen to be by the public. Rolling Stones concert can get 60,000 at $300 a ticket. If RL fans felt attending a finals game was special, worthwhile and valuable, pricing wouldn't be that big an issue. the fact we undervalue our own game probably says a lot about RL generally.

So what makes you as a customer feel it is worth spending $75 for a ticket to an entertainment event?

And how often do you get to see the Rolling Stones?

Chook Norris

First Grade
To me it also comes down to the question of whether or not profit should always be the first and foremost concern. Let's just assume that higher prices and lower crowds are better for profitability for each game. I still question whether it's the right choice. Firstly does the NRL give a f*ck about its supporters at all? I know they're trying to make money but surely the fans should mean something.

Then there are the long term impacts. Sure they might make a few more dollars by charging people a mozza to come to games but what is the long term impact? When people feel like they're being ripped off (which they are) it tends to discourage them from coming back. In general though large crowds make people want to come back and small crowds turn the fans away. How good would it look of the rest of the finals was sold out? How many of those people would want to come back? I just think that having profit as the one and only priority is incredibly shortsighted and detrimental to the game. I also question of its the best way to make money anyway.

Very much agree. It is extremely short sighted and drives people away from the game leading to less profit in the future. The current administration simply do not care all that much about the fans and how they feel. When they start showing they care about their customer base and fans actually flock to games as a result, then maybe they can afford to charge higher prices

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Are you short a few quid?

The tickets being given away are $20-25 a pop GA tickets, not $75 premium seats.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
ive never considered RL tickets expensive... if my team was in finals i wouldnt even look at price..

would easily pay $100 for a ticket

Perth Red

Post Whore
And how often do you get to see the Rolling Stones?

More often than most fans get to see their team in a GF! Just spentt $5k each watching our team to get to a final, going by last time I got the chance to see it I'll be 74 next time around!!

guyver78

Juniors
I think we just have to come to terms with the fact that the NRL has very little to offer in terms of providing actual value for money to the average supporter. I've attended a lot of NRL games all over and lets face it, the only good value for money games for an average supporter to attend would be:

-SOO
-Some finals games
-Grand Final
-Rabbitohs v Bulldogs Easter Friday
-Roosters v Dragons Anzac day
-80% of Brisbane Broncos games
-Feel free to add anything you might think I missed.

Thank god they're not playing the silly pointless Four Nations tournament after the Grand Final this year. Be good to actually give players like GI, Thurston & Smith a bit of a break.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Yeah I guess all the Kiwi and English representatives will also be having a well earned break. The four nations is not pointless just because the Aussies lost