What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

Frailty

First Grade
All that had to be done to end the sooking about the stupid graph was reply to them on twitter and ask for a chronological version.

(let's just pretend 2013 is 19k average)

Voila:

CO0zt2hUkAA6zmf.jpg

Thanks, and now we can see a proper gradual upward trend over the last 17 years.

Think the NRL would have liked to see a much bigger upwards trend since the last TV deal given additional investment.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Ive noticed the Allianz Stadium map on ticketek has all top tier bays marked with their respective bay number. Last week the members side was marked as members.

Might sell the vacant member seats.

You'd hope Townsville sells out and SFS gets 34k+ for 2 sydney sides playing an elimination final.

QLDers always show passion in finals as seen by the derby crowd where the Sydney sides against each other in finals can't even reach 40k in either game. Finals time and still thousands of empty seats despite cheap tickets and great weather. :shock:

Last edited:

beave

Coach
I wouldn't be jawwing off too quickly.

Just paid $90 a seat for the cows sharks semi in bay 313, pretty much double the price of a regular seasom game.

I don't think it will sell out to be quite honest, 20-22k at a stretch.

Danish

Referee
I wouldn't be jawwing off too quickly.

Just paid $90 a seat for the cows sharks semi in bay 313, pretty much double the price of a regular seasom game.

I don't think it will sell out to be quite honest, 20-22k at a stretch.

$90?!?! What an absolute rip off!

Roosters vs dogs Cat 1 is $60 for members. What a stitch up for cowboys fans.

beave

Coach
Yep, when the general public see what they are facing price wise tomorrow at 10am there will be some backlash.

some11

Referee
Hmm charge more and get less people or charge the same and get a full house.

More people = more money spent on food and drink.

They're geniused if they charge more.

Danish

Referee
This makes me worried for the Broncos Prelim.

I would be surprised if cat 1 was under $140 for the general public. Probably $130 for members.

If the NRL are anything but complete idiots they'll keep the Melbourne game under $60 for all tickets.

Billythekid

First Grade
Hmm charge more and get less people or charge the same and get a full house.

More people = more money spent on food and drink.

They're geniused if they charge more.

To me it also comes down to the question of whether or not profit should always be the first and foremost concern. Let's just assume that higher prices and lower crowds are better for profitability for each game. I still question whether it's the right choice. Firstly does the NRL give a f*ck about its supporters at all? I know they're trying to make money but surely the fans should mean something.

Then there are the long term impacts. Sure they might make a few more dollars by charging people a mozza to come to games but what is the long term impact? When people feel like they're being ripped off (which they are) it tends to discourage them from coming back. In general though large crowds make people want to come back and small crowds turn the fans away. How good would it look of the rest of the finals was sold out? How many of those people would want to come back? I just think that having profit as the one and only priority is incredibly shortsighted and detrimental to the game. I also question of its the best way to make money anyway.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
That will be for cat 3 only. Cat 1 and 2 will all go up (although haven't at the SFS)

That shouldn't affect our chances too badly. Sideline seats sold very quickly for Saturday night, I worry about the away bay they put on level 7 east though.

beave

Coach
The seats i got today look like they will be $100 tomorrow for the general public. They are decent, but f$&@ me, it's still robbery. I can afford it as both myself and the missus work but a family would be struggling to sit anywhere bar the hill it seems. Real shame by the NRL setting the prices that high, it will effect the crowd number i reckon. The seat I got is basically double the price it is normally.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The seats i got today look like they will be $100 tomorrow for the general public. They are decent, but f$&@ me, it's still robbery. I can afford it as both myself and the missus work but a family would be struggling to sit anywhere bar the hill it seems. Real shame by the NRL setting the prices that high, it will effect the crowd number i reckon. The seat I got is basically double the price it is normally.

You got ripped off by ticketek last week too. Start buying concession haha.