What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

Thats pretty good considering the sides involved. Didnt see any coverage in nsw but was there a lot of ipswich folk there or stacked with neutrals?

There were a heap of Ipswich folk there.

The atmosphere sounded great on TV they must have had a few extra mics near the crowd.

guyver78

Juniors
We got row 19 :sarcasm:

Don't think it'll be easy to shuffle five of us down closer.

Oh Jesus, mate offload them if you can and grab some Silvers behind the posts with the Bronco's supporters.

Here's the rundown on ANZ comparing to Suncorp so you can get the best seats.(in my opinion having been to both now)

Level 1 Diamond, Brilliant seats. Level 1 Platinum are OK too but you're starting to head towards the corners more, they're much better at Suncorp on the 10m Line/Goal line. Level 1 Gold and Silver there isn't too much difference, not as good as Suncorp's behind the dead ball line but they're ok for the Grand final because you'll get the atmosphere, especially if you're sitting with your team supporters.

Level 4 at ANZ is about the equivalent of Level 6 at Suncorp, OK for SOO & GF but you're pretty high up. I would rate Suncorp's Level 6 seats better then ANZ's Level 4 because you're a good 7-10meters closer to the action at Suncorp then you are at ANZ on Level 4, height is about the same.

Level 6 at ANZ, Feck THAT. Only maybe just bearable if you're sitting in the first 4 or 5 Rows on the 50 but the rest is absolute garbage. Once you hit level 6 at ANZ players start looking very very tiny. It infuriates me that the NRL still classifies them as Platinum/Gold, you can barely make out who's got the ball up there half the time. What's even worse about Level 6 is you lose a lot of the atmosphere and noise up there that's from Levels 1 - 4.

Hope this helps any Broncos/Cowboys supporters coming down for the game. My suggestion to you guys is grab yourself anything that you can from Level 1. Level 4 is still classified Diamond and wayyy too expensive for what it is and Level 6 is far tooo high up.

SLR also knows ANZ fairly well.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Agree with Guyver. Like me, need to try for more, I had a bit of a look through gumtree and there are a few already being slashed by $40. As they get more desperate we are in for some bargains. I am not anticipating a sell out, but who knows.

Yep I hate the roof at ANZ it blocks the atmosphere from coming up. Plus there is a lot of area for the noise to escape.

Yeah my goal is to get behind the posts as far away from the chisel section as possible, I'm stoked that the chisel section is the Cowboys side. Then I want to go jump the fence into sideline seats and try avoid being busted like origin 1. Ha.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Looked like 80 at the nsw cup

Shame the qrl cup wasnt on fox, would have been good to watch

Suncorp does NOT seem like the place to hold this event.

52k is WAY too large for what could be a great boutique atmosphere.

(Why not just use one of the good quality QLD Cup grounds, like Dolphin Oval or something)

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
It's a shame they can't broadcast to the crowd side for the Q Cup GF.

Would have been over 10k had the heavens not opened up in a big way.

The Courier Snail needs do a better job of promoting the local comp. The coverage is virtually not existent for local sport by the Snail. The website is even worse.

thorson1987

Coach
It's a shame they can't broadcast to the crowd side for the Q Cup GF.

Would have been over 10k had the heavens not opened up in a big way.

The Courier Snail needs do a better job of promoting the local comp. The coverage is virtually not existent for local sport by the Snail. The website is even worse.

I think they were for the earlier games.

Snail coverage of the Qld Cup has been crap since well the competition started in 1996.

Not a single grand final has surpassed 10000 since the Qld Cup started. The closest was Wynnum/Reddy in 2012 with about 9500. I live in hope that they can draw such a crowd because the comp deserves it.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Snail coverage of the Qld Cup has been crap since well the competition started in 1996.

Not a single grand final has surpassed 10000 since the Qld Cup started. The closest was Wynnum/Reddy in 2012 with about 9500. I live in hope that they can draw such a crowd because the comp deserves it.

Gotta agree with Brutus when he said it would've cracked 10K today, if not for the storm and black skies. Pretty decent considering one set of supporters was based 1,300kms away.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Im not sure if you guys have instagram, but I uploaded a picture on Friday night and set the location at Suncorp Stadium. The official QRL page commented on my picture saying that I could get $5 off if I showed my ticket from Friday night. I got it at about 2:30pm in the rain, too little too late, that shit should have been sent out last week via a ticketek email, I would have gone just for shits and gigs.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Being up in Level 6 on Sunday might not be too bad. Forecast is 35 degrees. The lower tier will be extremely hot for the first 2 games at least!

Haffa

Gotta agree with Brutus when he said it would've cracked 10K today, if not for the storm and black skies. Pretty decent considering one set of supporters was based 1,300kms away.
Do you know if everyone was locked into one side of the ground again? That turned me off returning.

Perth Red

Post Whore
2015 crowd table

1. Brisbane 33,595 (+241)
2. Canterbury 19,684 (+4,259)
3. South Sydney 16,613 (-3,275)
4. North Qland 16,230 (+1,617)
5. Newcastle 15,891 (-1,725)
6. Sydney Roosters 15,661 (+1,559)
7. New Zealand 14,704 (-2,427)
8. Parramatta 14,699 (-4,089)
9. St George 13,651 (-2,405)
10. Melbourne 13,453 (-1,741)
11. Cronulla 11,925 (-706)
12. Wests 11,709 (-1,395)
13. Penrith 11,544 (+49)
14. Gold Coast 11,237 (-1,957)
15. Manly 10,955 (-1,658)
16. Canberra 9,629 (+21)

4 clubs improved crowds, 10 clubs crowds reduced, 2 stayed about same.

Source: http://afltables.com/rl/crowds/2015.html

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The stats are going to be interchangable for Canterbury and Souths each season tbh - whoever hosts Good Friday will generally be closer to 20k, the other team will be closer to 15-17k

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The stats are going to be interchangable for Canterbury and Souths each season tbh - whoever hosts Good Friday will generally be closer to 20k, the other team will be closer to 15-17k

Same with Chooks and Dragons. Whoever gets ANZAC day gets the boost.

Latest posts