What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Interesting rep weekend. Good idea having those International matches in South East Queensland. I can see a number of families staying the weekend up there. Fly to Brisbane, go to the Aus/NZL test match, drive down the next day, spend the day at one of the theme parks, go the pacific tests double header.

Theyre expecting 35,000 for the Australia/NZL game. Surely they'll get to 40,000.

No hype about it up here. It usually gets around 35-44k.

Not a bad number. Ticket sales better get moving though.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Thinking of ending the school holidays down at the Titans game on Saturday (the novelty of daytime football is worth it). Kids are free in Gold and Steel, but adults are $43/29 each. Wish we could have some of that Sydney pricing up here! Will probably get Steels but still.

It's $30 for a premium seat this weekend. I wanted to buy but have other commitments. I'm sure there was something else as well but I can't find the email.

undertaker

Coach
Open food is fine, but as you said when it comes to drinks they are supposed to be sealed, although ive never seen anyone been made to chuck out the coke bottle.

The Northern Eagles vs Newcastle game in Gosford in 2001, my father tried to bring in some bottled drinks that were new (e.g. Sprite) and security at the entrance didn't allow him. So, he hid the drinks somewhere in the shrubs near the front entry of Bluetongue Stadium and after the game, he went back to the location and managed to find the drinks still there in their original condition.:lol: Given that night was one of the largest NRL crowds at Gosford (over 18k, of which more than 50% were Knights supporters), it still surprises me to this day that no one saw nor touched the drinks there as even though it was dark, from where it was hidden, it still would've been visible to the thousands who walked past on that footpath.

Also, at Newcastle, I remember someone at the bag checks wasn't allowed to bring in some food they bought from McDonalds. Bottom line: food and drinks at most sporting events are a complete rip-off. I find it hard to support the catering staff at these events when they charge nearly $5 for a 600mL bottle of water which I could buy in Coles or Woolworths for less than $1 (in fact, I could buy a 1.5L bottle for less than half of $5), yet I wouldn't be allowed to bring that bottle into the ground just so that the catering at the ground gets the monopoly (in terms of the food and beverage revenue). Scum if you ask me, no way would I pay 400% or so more for the same product at the ground.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos v Eels tickets are BAD.

I remember a week before last years game we were selling level 7 maroon and level 5 corners for white.

Crowd will be 35plus but I highly doubt 40+.

Canard

Immortal
I've seen people forced to throw out opened water bottles at Skilled Park.

I'd just keep the empty bottle and fill it up in a tap inside the shitter.

God knows that is probably 100% better quality water than the stuff that you pay $15/litre for.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...doff-intensifies/story-fnj94ixl-1227307196872

STADIUMS Queensland has reduced the Gold Coast Titans home game capacity by almost 6000 by shutting a grandstand for the clash with Penrith tomorrow.

The club has had to contact members and fans with tickets in the southern stand of Cbus Super Stadium to tell them their seats were no longer available.

The closure comes as the NRL club fights with the Government over stadium fees of up to $165,000 a game.

Mr Annesley said the game was the club’s first in the 3pm Saturday timeslot, so it was hard to predict how many fans would fill the remaining stands.

But the club hopes to get more than 10,000 at the match, which will be followed by away games in the next two rounds.

“Penrith is generally not one of our bigger crowds and we are in an unusual timeslot — it’s the first time the club’s ever had that timeslot,” he said.

“The NRL has been good enough to keep us out of the day slots so far.

“It’s a bit of an unknown what kind of walk-up (attendance) we’ll get on the day.”

Well, I'll be part of a walk up of four.

Last edited:
Does Clive Palmer own the Titans now?

Different scenario. Clive capped at 5k so he didn't have to pay a surcharge. The Titans aren't doing the capping here. Negotiation argy bargy over a new stadium deal. The Titans need to take a home game interstate or to country Queensland to show they're serious.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Do you think ANZAC publicity in the week running up will help shift tickets faster?

Not really sure hey, as you know Parramatta are not big drawers.

I think tonight, should we win anywhere from 1,500 - 2,500 could sell - you know how they rave on about next home game etc.

I would assume that the pax right now would be 23,000 - 25,000. If that.

One thing that is interesting is the amount of awesome foursome members that have NOT chosen this game in their package - for the Roosters game the southern level 5 bays were pretty much 70% full before tickets had sold out in white level 3.

If we break it down:

Level 3 would have 3,000 - 4,000 seats left.
Level 5 is pretty much untouched
Level 6 has four empty bays, plus 604 blueGA would be empty (2 bays) so there is really only 601 and 602 that have sold.
Level 7 is untouched

Long way to go, hard to see much hype generating for Parra - Im still thinking 35 - 38k though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts