What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

Juniors
parra dogs will get a good 35k which is a very very good crowd.
imo anything more then 25k and anz is quite a good stadium.

Dogs Of War

Coach
That gold Coast crowd had at least 6000 tigers fans

Yeah there were plenty of Tigers fan and they were very loud. But that's the value the Gold Coast does add, you should be hoping to get fans to come to the Gold Coast for a weekend away to support there team. If the Gold Coast can get the locals behind them in numbers, it will become an awesome venue for games.

On a side note, so when I go to other games this season, I bought myself some Titans stuff to look the part!

whall15

Coach
Yeah there were plenty of Tigers fan and they were very loud. But that's the value the Gold Coast does add, you should be hoping to get fans to come to the Gold Coast for a weekend away to support there team. If the Gold Coast can get the locals behind them in numbers, it will become an awesome venue for games.

On a side note, so when I go to other games this season, I bought myself some Titans stuff to look the part!

I think it's more that locals have kept their old team instead of the Titans. I know the last couple of years I've been there for Parra games it's been a majority Parra crowd.

juro

Bench
Because rugby league?!?!

Haha it will be disappointing because we'll all talk it up to be 40-45,000, despite no evidence, and it will end up a respectable 33k and will be labelled shit, despite being double what sydney games will likely average this year.
Bulldogs vs Eels has averaged 26.7k over 2009-14, with a maximum of 34.7k. Eels vs Bulldogs over the same period has averaged 27.4k with a maximum of 32.0k. Getting anything above 35k must be seen as a success.

undertaker

Coach
Got a feeling the Dogs v Eels crowd will be disappointing for some reason.

All of those saying it will be over 40k are dreaming. It will more likely be in the low 30k's

Likewise, Rabbitohs vs Roosters will be 20-30k, and will be more on the lower end of that scale if it's a hot day. You really think a plethora of Roosters fans are going to go out of their way to travel to Homebush? Not a chance when you've got the beach in close proximity

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Tonight's crowd will be in the millions, and will drag the average caused by all your shit-tier clubs into the realm of slight respectability.

Likewise, Rabbitohs vs Roosters will be 20-30k, and will be more on the lower end of that scale if it's a hot day. You really think a plethora of Roosters fans are going to go out of their way to travel to Homebush? Not a chance when you've got the beach in close proximity

Epic excuse to not show up to a 100+ year rivalry game for the beach. Now I ask once more is the Sunday afternoon spot something league fans really want all I'm hearing it's hot and the beach. Yet everyone goes on how they love day footy and the excuses are still there.

Sunday afternoon should have the highest non-broncos crowd of the week it's the suppose ideal spot for everyone and the crowds should reflect it. Souths/Roosters and Dogs/Eels should be 30k minimum.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Prefer you kept the whinging here oikee - those threads are just for the results and stats ;)

Saint Doc

Coach
Dragons last 3 Monday night games at Kogarah as a sad and sorry guide to tonight's crowd.

Bare in mind membership has dropped 5-6,000 too.

10530 manly 2014
11607 manly 2013
12846 dogs 2013

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
13,522 members according to your website...
Or do you mean dropped by 5-6k as in used to be 20k?

#amidyslexic

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Dragons last 3 Monday night games at Kogarah as a sad and sorry guide to tonight's crowd.

Bare in mind membership has dropped 5-6,000 too.

10530 manly 2014
11607 manly 2013
12846 dogs 2013

How much lower is this to a Kogarah game on Saturday or Sunday?? 10-12k seems to be the norm at old Oki Jubilee.....

lockyno1

Post Whore
When the product improves the fans will come. Honestly the refereeing being that bad isn't helping getting new fans

mongoose

Coach
the reffing is f**ked. seriously what are they even penalising? its worse than Union. too many ridiculously inconsistent holding down penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.