What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chook Norris

First Grade
we are past the time of expecting and being happy with crowds of around 30,000. Fans instead of bitching about small crowds need to get off their asses and attend games. There is no reason why their should not be 40,000 plus for the game tomorrow. I will be there and I expect all Souths and Roosters fans to be also.

As miguel said, look at the figures and stop pulling numbers out of your arse. You have a distinct tendency to over-estimate crowds by a large margin. Be realistic, mate. Setting a floor of 45,000 to Sundays game is not realistic

Valheru

Coach
28,876 is outstanding when you consider:

- WSW game across town
- CRO game also on in Sydney
- GWS trial next door
- Poor weather
- Poor marketing

Obviously all of the above won't have a huge impact, but we know in Sydney it doesn't take much for people to decide not to attend games, and all or any of the above are certainly valid enough.

You can't be serious with this. Points 1 and 4 may have some validity but i have a hard time believing the others. I can't imagine any dogs or eels fan choosing to go to a GWS trial instead of a regular season nrl game between rivals.

The cronulla game would have 0 effect and as for marketing, it's called the internet.

Flapper

First Grade
28,876 is outstanding when you consider:

- WSW game across town
- CRO game also on in Sydney
- GWS trial next door
- Poor weather
- Poor marketing

Obviously all of the above won't have a huge impact, but we know in Sydney it doesn't take much for people to decide not to attend games, and all or any of the above are certainly valid enough.

I'll dissect this point by point:

a) anyone who goes to a regular season A League game over a regular season NRL game obviously supports soccer over Rugby League.
b) a Cronulla Brisbane game in the form they're both in isn't really going to impact on any crowd anywhere.
c) lol
d) yes but apparently these are just excuses hence they don't count
e) maybe if the Bulldogs shitmerkin of a coach spent the week promoting the game instead of blaming the refs for the fact he coached his team to a loss the crowd would've been bigger.

For the record I was happy with the crowd, and I think highly of you Tim but that reasoning was shit.

pHyR3

Juniors
those points are fair enough.

its not about whether NRL or Eels/Dogs fans attend soccer/afl over RL its about NEUTRALS. people with some interest in the game.

do you wanna know why they pulled 51k for the easter game last year? cause they got thousands of neutrals with a day off work going to the nearby easter show. if youve already traveled an hour by public transport one way, why not stop over for a good atmosphere with the friends/family next door?

RL needs to draw neutrals, mums, kids, boys, girls and corporates. and having some pub fest of drunkenly punching each other, bashing girl friends, snorting cocaine does not help that.

DC_fan

Coach
As miguel said, look at the figures and stop pulling numbers out of your arse. You have a distinct tendency to over-estimate crowds by a large margin. Be realistic, mate. Setting a floor of 45,000 to Sundays game is not realistic

Seriously why not?

We have two Sydney teams who are arch enemies. We have last years premiers playing a finalist from last year. We have two teams some are predicting will play each other in the grand final. We have two teams who had good victories last week. The weather for tomorrow is expected to be good. Transport to the game for season ticket holders and prepurchased ticket holders is free.

There is no reason for not having 45,000 there tomorrow.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When I see games at venues like today's Panthers game I can only sigh. We fill nib stadium, a decent modern ground and can only get one game a year. Wtf is the nrl doing? Great we take games to the bush but surely trial games are the ones? Is the nrl really happy to see it's primary product presented in this way?

Danish

Referee
Seriously why not?

We have two Sydney teams who are arch enemies. We have last years premiers playing a finalist from last year. We have two teams some are predicting will play each other in the grand final. We have two teams who had good victories last week. The weather for tomorrow is expected to be good. Transport to the game for season ticket holders and prepurchased ticket holders is free.

There is no reason for not having 45,000 there tomorrow.

The reason it won't happen is that ANZ is simply too far to go for how much walk up prices are for the casual souths fan. Their big regular game crowds have always been disappointing outside of the Easter game and the round 26 game in 2013.

Don't get me wrong, they have a much higher base of die hard fans which turn up every week, hence the consistent 17-19k attendance these days. But when you might expect a game might warrant a 40k+ turnout which would mean the casual supporters needing to turn up in great numbers, it invarably ends up well below expectations.

Bulldogs and parra can pull a crowd much easier when the stadium is only a 10 min drive from their home.

DIOGENES

Juniors
"There is no reason for not having 45,000 there tomorrow."

Except in the 107 years of Rugby League in Sydney only 11 games have ever got 45,000

If you are going to pull figures out of your ass let's go the whole hog.
IF THERE ARE NOT 83,000 AT TOMORROW'S GAME IT IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

anjado

Juniors
When I see games at venues like today's Panthers game I can only sigh. We fill nib stadium, a decent modern ground and can only get one game a year. Wtf is the nrl doing? Great we take games to the bush but surely trial games are the ones? Is the nrl really happy to see it's primary product presented in this way?

Because if Penrith have a run of 3 bad games you will be calling for them to be moved to Perth. I thought the crowd at Bathurst was a disappointment to be honest i have no problem with Penrith taking one game a season to the country but if they aren't selling out the game their is no point maybe they should take a game to other areas of country NSW.

Whilst Bathurst and other country places in NSW will never get a team in the NRL they shouldn't be completely forgotten about either giving them a game is a thank you for it's contribution to rugby League is fine.

2 games in Perth - Souths/Melbourne
2 games in Wellington - Warriors/Canterbury
2 games Central Coast - Newcastle/Manly
1 game in New Zealand - Warriors
1 game in Adelaide - Cronulla
1 game in Cairns - North Queensland
1 game in Darwin - Roosters
1 game in Hobart - St George or Canberra
1 game in Country NSW - Penrith
1 game in Central Queensland - Gold Coast
1 game somewhere new overseas. (Pacific Islands,Asia etc) - Sharks

That would make 14 games a season played in neutral venues and that is plenty. If Perth and others can sustain crowds like they should they should be allowed into the under 20's and then the NSW Cup and then First Grade.

Plus given the staleness of the Origin Period i would play the games in the smaller areas around that period of time.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

You can't be serious with this. Points 1 and 4 may have some validity but i have a hard time believing the others. I can't imagine any dogs or eels fan choosing to go to a GWS trial instead of a regular season nrl game between rivals.

The cronulla game would have 0 effect and as for marketing, it's called the internet.
Fair dinkum people on here get dumb blinkers about posts instead of taking a general idea.

The point is that whether you agree or not, there are any range of reasons people will not go. If there's something better on, if it looks like it's raining, if there's competing reasons to attend this or that...

You *need* to stop looking at this from the perspective of a rusted on fan like we all are on here and accept the perspective of the casual fan.

I'll dissect this point by point:

a) anyone who goes to a regular season A League game over a regular season NRL game obviously supports soccer over Rugby League.
b) a Cronulla Brisbane game in the form they're both in isn't really going to impact on any crowd anywhere.
c) lol
d) yes but apparently these are just excuses hence they don't count
e) maybe if the Bulldogs shitmerkin of a coach spent the week promoting the game instead of blaming the refs for the fact he coached his team to a loss the crowd would've been bigger.

For the record I was happy with the crowd, and I think highly of you Tim but that reasoning was shit.

The post wasn't designed to be dissected point by point.

Refer to my response to Valheru above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts