What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canard

Immortal
Agreed.

Does anyone know why their crowds are going south?

Favoured timeslot.
Picked by many to do well... even win it this year...

They seemingly got better crowds when they were diabolical in the 90's...

It's been a steady decline for a while now. Last night was really bad though.

It's a combination of factors I believe. Out of towners can't be bothered now that is live and in HD, and sit at home rather than drive for hours.

The economy is in the toilet, and people with jobs are FIFO or shift workers so aren't around anymore.

The stadium is old and in a shit location.

You wait till we get to the spate of MNF the NRL lumbered us with, there are going to be 6000 tops.

TheFrog

Coach
The stadium is old and in a shit location.

The last time I was in Towsville was a very long time ago, the year before the Cowboys started, 1994. The ground was half built then, and it seemed to me reasonably centrally located.

20 years isn't that old for a stadium.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Ticket machine was broken at Cowboys Stadium again obviously,there was really 23k in attendance,its been 4 years and Bobby the Handyman still hasn't fixed it.

Kick Bobby out da comp

BuffaloRules

Coach
I agree that the Cowboys stadium is in a terrible location.

Went to the Test there a couple of years ago.. Was surprised how far out of the city you had to travel..

Let's hope they get the new stadium developed in the city by 2020...

LatK7

First Grade
Crowd looks pretty ordinary. Sunny sunday arvo, both teams couldn't really be more successful as of late...should be 40k

BunniesMan

Immortal
There will be 40,000 here by the time the crowds finishes growing. Remember they don't lock the doors at kick off. Another 5-10k show up during the first half.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I think it looks very poor. I cannot work out if it is a sign of fan dissatisfaction with the competition or is it just a lazy/apathy thing? Certainly the number of people and cars i see flaunting souths merchandice every time i step out the door suggests its more to do with the culture of not attending.

Burns

First Grade
Looks worse than Friday night. This round had been absolutely shocking crowd wise.

carcharias

Immortal
There will be 40,000 here by the time the crowds finishes growing. Remember they don't lock the doors at kick off. Another 5-10k show up during the first half.

Haha - here?
Yeah right

Maybe 20k
If that.

If they count the actual real people sitting in those lovely blue seats that is.

mattyg

Bench
On tv looks about 25k there today. Pretty poor for a Sunday Arvo. Really should be 30+ given the rivalry and souths first home game of the year off a premiership, not to mention a Sunday game. Maybe the Friday and Sunday games would have been better off swapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts