What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/3/crowd-problems-overshadow-tigers-win/

Hundreds if not thousands of NRL fans were left fuming as they were stuck outside Campbelltown Sports Stadium whilst the action was well underway.
Twitter exploded as Wests hadn't put on enough staff to accommodate the walk in fans and after 12 minutes of play there was still a 300 metre queue of fans waiting to get in.

Wests Tigers CEO Grant Mayer came into the Triple M box to explain the issue and he simply said it 'wasn't good enough.' The Tigers were already under scrutiny as the game was a 7pm kick off which was thought to be too early considering it is a Monday night and outside the CBD.

Not a great sales pitch for suburban games, is it.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Great news,Campbellplod is a joke,hopefully those pissed of peasants don't come back and the West Tigers are forced to not play any games there in the future due to embarrassing crowds( have an excuse to dump Campbellplod as a ground)

Slow golf clap 1
Campbelltown 0

pHyR3

Juniors
12ks alright.

campbo averages 12.5k so given it's a monday coming off an average game that's solid

pHyR3

Juniors
4 merged entities.Wests"heartland",30 minutes from Wollongong,30 minutes from Saints heartland,40 minutes from Tigertown and they can't get 12,000.
If this is acceptable then the NRL crowd target numbers are not achievable.

its the 8k crowds like we had earlier in the week that makes those targets unachievable.

sub 10k has to be eliminated excluding the occasional monday night one in the wet i reckon.

BuffaloRules

Coach
4 merged entities.Wests"heartland",30 minutes from Wollongong,30 minutes from Saints heartland,40 minutes from Tigertown and they can't get 12,000.
If this is acceptable then the NRL crowd target numbers are not achievable.

What a whinge...

There won't be many Monday night crowds this year that beat it..

CM67

Juniors
What a whinge...

There won't be many Monday night crowds this year that beat it..

Exactly,maybe should have made my point clearer.
If these two teams can't get a large crowd,then what hope do other teams have.
Monday night footy just won't draw crowds.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Exactly,maybe should have made my point clearer.
If these two teams can't get a large crowd,then what hope do other teams have.
Monday night footy just won't draw crowds.

These two teams won't make the Top 10 and I support one of them...

Why would you travel 40kms on a Monday night to watch that rubbish?

Lol, Grant Mayer always comes out and says something "isn't good enough".
Then does nothing about it. The blokes a f**kstick.

beave

Coach
Is it just me, but has there been a bulk amount of bludger games already this season? The standard of footy has been considerably worse IMO than opening rounds from yester year, some of these teams have gotta get out and learn some ball skills. Tonight was horrid.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Is it just me, but has there been a bulk amount of bludger games already this season? The standard of footy has been considerably worse IMO than opening rounds from yester year, some of these teams have gotta get out and learn some ball skills. Tonight was horrid.

It's the wrestle. The NRL's hype about cracking down on it was hot air, every team is still allowed to do it pretty liberally.

CM67

Juniors
These two teams won't make the Top 10 and I support one of them...

Why would you travel 40kms on a Monday night to watch that rubbish?

Again,exactly.
Some may say if you are a true fan,you should follow your team through thick and thin,rain,hail or shine.
I think those fans are few and far between these days.

no name

Referee
The Tigers were already under scrutiny as the game was a 7pm kick off which was thought to be too early considering it is a Monday night and outside the CBD.

Under the scrutiny of who?
And what exactly could they do about it?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Funny how Channel nine, and that f**king tony chalmers can dilly dally wandering around taking his time to declare the game ready for kick off on a sunday till like 4.16pm,

but on a monday with 2000 people outside a ground mnf kicked off at actually at 6.59.45pm

Deacon

First Grade
Anyone who lines up in the year 2015 to purchase a ticket really needs to take a good hard look at themselves

Perth Red

Post Whore
Exactly.

Walk up at the last minute and expect to stroll in.

If WT put on extra staff in the hope there is a large walk up every game they will lose money

It was hardly a large crowd. Tigers have hardly any members, how many did they think were going to turn up?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone who lines up in the year 2015 to purchase a ticket really needs to take a good hard look at themselves

Is there a rip off online booking fee like most online ticket purchases? Maybe they were avoiding being robbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.