What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
The great thing is Origin is so big now that even AFL stooges have to take it seriously.

The problem with Origin is that outside of the grand final it's bigger then the premiership. With some people the league season start with origin game one and finishes with origin game three. Then commences again come grand final time.

Canard

Immortal
The problem with Origin is that outside of the grand final it's bigger then the premiership. With some people the league season start with origin game one and finishes with origin game three. Then commences again come grand final time.

I don't see that as a "problem" For a place like Melbourne Origin I see a good gateway drug that we can use.

wests1

Juniors
Smith said includes members.

In this case that is a bit of a worry. That means only 25,000 have been sold.
The categories are a sham too. The cheapest tickets are for the back 10 rows only. Everything from there on goes up a category. Not sure how many Victorians are going to want to shell out $90+ to sit 150 metres away from a game they aren't invested in.
REALLY hope I'm wrong.

wests1

Juniors
True for 2013-14..

They play Manly this year though... Will struggle...

What did they ger for the 4 Nations game v England last year?

You only asked us imagine a Rugby League game that would get half that in Melbourne. We didn't have to imagine it - it has happened:D

malleekid

Juniors
The categories are a sham too. The cheapest tickets are for the back 10 rows only. Everything from there on goes up a category. Not sure how many Victorians are going to want to shell out $90+ to sit 150 metres away from a game they aren't invested in.
REALLY hope I'm wrong.

Just did a bit of research, MCC Members have to reserve their tickets on ticketek. So that figure would include only those that have nominated that they are going, not just assuming 25 000.

undertaker

Coach
Just did a bit of research, MCC Members have to reserve their tickets on ticketek. So that figure would include only those that have nominated that they are going, not just assuming 25 000.

MCC Member tickets should've been put on sale to the general public, like they were for the Cricket World Cup.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Try $70. Farcical.

And yet there's still idiots on this forum having a go at other RL supporters who say that ticket prices for NRL matches are too expensive. Add in food and beverage prices at the ground as well (don't get me started on this), and already most families are priced out for a day at the footy.

Ticket prices, as well as the timeslots (which has also been crapped on about ad nauseum in this thread, and nothing can be done about this until the end of the current tv rights), are the most legitimate reasons why the NRL aren't reaching their potential with growing crowd attendances.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
REALLY hope I'm wrong.

I have no idea who was responsible for setting those ticket prices, but I had a look on ticketek at the category distribution at the ground and yeah, I agree with you that the category groupings are a massive sham.

It's almost as if it's some sort of conspiracy by whoever orchestrated this to ensure the match doesn't get a big crowd so the media can bag out the NRL, ensuring that the NRL won't take another match there again. With proper promotion and ticket pricing, the MCG Origin would easily get 85k+. Now, I have my doubts about.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
What about the 50k your beloved Broncos got back in 2008? Seriously, there is no excuse why this match shouldn't get around 50k.

Frankly make it the Rd 1 Friday night, or even Sat night came then you will get 50k.

Shunting it to Rd 3 is making the game less of a "event".

Every fringe Bronco and Cowboy fan is already disillusioned about how the year is going to pan out now, whereas in Rd 1 they still could have kidded themselves they were watching contenders.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Frankly make it the Rd 1 Friday night, or even Sat night came then you will get 50k.

Shunting it to Rd 3 is making the game less of a "event".

Every fringe Bronco and Cowboy fan is already disillusioned about how the year is going to pan out now, whereas in Rd 1 they still could have kidded themselves they were watching contenders.

100% true.

Cowboys/Broncos is the true blockbuster game of the season aleast the numbers prove it unlike Souths vs anyone. To think Souths won a premiership and couldn't crack 30k for there first home game against there 100+ year rival. Empty seats prevail for the 'pride of the league'.

Canard

Immortal
Cowboys/Broncos is the true blockbuster game of the season aleast the numbers prove it unlike Souths vs anyone. To think Souths won a premiership and couldn't crack 30k for there first home game against there 100+ year rival. Empty seats prevail for the 'pride of the league'.

As if this isn't some shit stirring NSW based club fans account.

DC_fan

Coach
Given good weather on Sunday I am expecting the Souths/Wests game to outdraw the Souths/Roosters game of last week.

Sea Eagles v Bulldogs - 14,000
Broncos v Cowboys - 41,000
Warriors v Eels - 17,500
Storm v Sharks - 13,500
Raiders v Dragons - 11,000
Rabbitohs v Tigers - 25,000
Titans v Knights - 11,500

Status
Not open for further replies.