What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Fullback

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since Tedesco is leaving we can surely use that money to help prevent our club losing another young player like Simona.I think Locke could be a handy FB purchase for the WT but have a feeling they will continue to rely on Rowe and Moltzen.
I don't think Tedesco is on big money at all this year

gronkathon

First Grade
Teddy always hunted for the ball though. Wanted to go through the middle.

Rowe is another Moltzen. Wants to play the second 5/8 role, only runs support lines off the halves and never wants to take the courage line.

Those intangibles cannot be coached

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Good point which is another point for keeping Rowe at fullback for the rest of the year in the hope that with a full off season he can have a similar impact next year as Teddy has this year. Rather than develop Teddy for the rest of the year and have to have 2015 as Rowe's development year

Rowe is shit. Soft, doesn't go looking for the ball, doesn't threaten the line and pissweak on kick returns. He's shit. Fitzy like levels of shit. f**k, what options .. Rowe or Timid

Simona
Richards
Nofoluama
Lawrence
Korobiete
Moses
Brooks

That is assuming no big outside back purchases.

Need a strike centre but is there any mòney.....400K is what they offered Teddy I imagine.

I don't think Tedesco is on big money at all this year

Yeah MU,I was thinking more of what we were offering him not so much what he is on now.It's dissappointing that he chose to leave but fully understandable,if only we had the Roosters financial creative accounts :D

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Has anyone seen that Reggies fullback (can't remember his name, but it's Middle Eastern sounding) play, He is out injured at the moment but heard some good things about him.

This weeks lineup
1. Jy Hitchcox
2. Marika Koroibete
3. Asipeli Fine
4. Sitaleki Akauola
5. Setefano Taukafa
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Michael Stevens
8. Nathan Brown
9. Dayne Craig this bloke went well last week, albeit only against Newcastle
10. Jack Buchanan
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Jarred Farlow (capt.)
13. Kyle Lovett
Interchange
14. Michaell Bullock
15. Andy Fiagatusa
16. Brenden Santi
17. Dene Halatau
18. Inno Inosesio
19. Corey Brown
20. Sam Hollis

TimmyB

Juniors
Teddy always hunted for the ball though. Wanted to go through the middle.

Rowe is another Moltzen. Wants to play the second 5/8 role, only runs support lines off the halves and never wants to take the courage line.

Those intangibles cannot be coached

That's a very succint post.

The first 20 minutes of Tedesco's 20 minutes he looked sensational. Then he did his knee.

Upon his return he looked pretty stock standard last year.

Then this year he exploded out of the blocks.

The thing about last year though is that you could never question his application or his courage. Always put his body on the line was always involved.

I think Rowe has improved though. Think he can get to somewhere near Greenshields' level. May play 100 first grade games, but won't get far beyond that. People tend to compare players against superstars and sell them short.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Simona
Richards
Nofoluama
Lawrence
Korobiete
Moses
Brooks

That is assuming no big outside back purchases.

Need a strike centre but is there any mòney.....400K is what they offered Teddy I imagine.

Mate, Lawrence and Koro on the same edge would be woeful.

But I do agree with you on Simona at FB if Rowe doesn't work out.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Simona is the best option that we have. I can't see Rowe being a high quality first grader however I'd love him to prove me wrong. Simona runs hard and can make a bust no problems. The only issue with Simona is I'm not sure if he has a passing game. Tedesco did this well and Rowe did it last week as well.

A Stray Alien

Juniors
Alex Johnston at souths is the go young big and quick can catch high ball all ready calling him the next GI put Dave Taylor on his arse with a huge palm he reminds me of Brett Mullins.

playing on wing but is a FB could not be on big coin yet

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I think Alex Johnston would be great but South ain't letting him go anywhere...they dropped Merritt for him and Merritt wasn't going that bad. I'd suggest Johnston is the future of Souths.

FootynRacing

Juniors
I think our next fullback is going to have to come from within the club. There is no point thinking we can throw big money at somebody else to lure them here. The way I see it is if the money we could offer Tedesco wasn't enough to keep him here well then it's not going to be enough to lure someone better than him here neither.
Sad day today. The kid could very well be a superstar, although I don't think that's going to happen under Stuart and with the players he is going to find himself surrounded by next season

TYGA

Juniors
I'd be offering Darius Boyd big cash right about now. Thats if we are not broke we should have matched the offer fullbacks are too important in the modern game.