What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

ShaneO85

Juniors
Blue and RED.

No idea where you get the "RED" from, Brisbane City's official colours are Blue and Gold as seen in the city's flag
580px-Flag_of_Brisbane.svg.png

Definitely blue and gold for Brisbane. Look at the BCC logo.

The Broncos specifically shied away from blue when they came in because of they feared that Queensland crowds were too used to booing blues.

beave

Coach
As a side issue, isn't the old Brisbane Rep team name the 'Poinsettias'?

For those uninitiated, this is a poinsettia

1774596-poinsettia-w-co-f.jpg

I thought red might have been one of the cities colours hence the selection of an obscure plant as a mascot?

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
No idea where you get the "RED" from, Brisbane City's official colours are Blue and Gold as seen in the city's flag

Ive always been under the impression the Broncos were originally going to wear Red and Blue, except the Knights claimed it first.

Why do so many cities have the exact same city colours???

macavity

Referee
Red shorts are always a mistake.

And the Broncos wanted blue and red because together they make maroon.

And that original Titans jersey is still crap.

Nuke

Staff member
And the Broncos wanted blue and red because together they make maroon.

Correct. I've got a book that quotes Arko (who was running the game at the time) and he says the Broncos wanted red and blue because they supposedly make maroon when mixed together (it makes purple in fact, but that was supposedly their logic at the time), but the Knights got in first. The Knights chose red and blue as it was (is?) the colours of the first school in Newcastle.

Correct. I've got a book that quotes Arko (who was running the game at the time) and he says the Broncos wanted red and blue because they supposedly make maroon when mixed together (it makes purple in fact, but that was supposedly their logic at the time), but the Knights got in first. The Knights chose red and blue as it was (is?) the colours of the first school in Newcastle.

Hey mate what's the.book? I remember reading as fingers that too but cannot for the life of me where. Not in his Arvo bio anyway.