What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

yadamisha

Juniors
You see that colour on the shirts of the blokes who work for poor companies who can't afford to clothe their workers properly.

Should be fluro Orange or Green.

Makes sense they went with the povo choice though.

Its worth $60,000 for one game. I'm sure the merged steelers would love a match day sponsorship like that, they might be able to pay their rent for a change. Ties in with Cronulla's $10 million turn around in revenue this year compared to last years performance. Povo no more.

Its worth $60,000 for one game. I'm sure the merged steelers would love a match day sponsorship like that, they might be able to pay their rent for a change. Ties in with Cronulla's $10 million turn around in revenue this year compared to last years performance. Povo no more.

Not to forget the corporates now calling us to sponsor during the finals and into next year.

No doubt about it, front office getting the mess before them sorted

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
$60k seems cheap to basically sponsor a day

Major sponsor pays $1m + for 24 games exposure. .

And then you bastardise a $1m deal for $60k

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Didn't arsenal wear a yellow jersey for a while and lost every game. ?

Now refuse to ever wear one again

Sharks should do the same.

steggz

Juniors
Didn't arsenal wear a yellow jersey for a while and lost every game. ?

Now refuse to ever wear one again

Sharks should do the same.

Arsenal regularly have a yellow/gold away shirt.

Manchester United had a grey away around 1996 and never won in it. It's the infamous one that Ferguson got them to change out of at half time when the players complained they couldn't see each other on the pitch

Stinkler

Juniors
$60k seems cheap to basically sponsor a day

Major sponsor pays $1m + for 24 games exposure. .

And then you bastardise a $1m deal for $60k

Please explain how a $1mil deal was bastardised.
Southern Radiology were still front and centre. No different to ANY team wearing a "special" jersey.

Lambretta

First Grade
The comment re Manure and the grey shirts got me thinking

Maybe the reason the Sharks kept missing passes on Sunday was they'd see a bogan in the crowd in a high vis top (there were plenty there cos of the promotion they were running) and throw the ball at them by error

roofromoz

First Grade
I know it's for 2016... but...

The Panthers will be launching their 50th anniversary club logo on Friday... as part of the launch they're posting a player each hour on Twitter, in terms of the top 50 first grade appearances.

However, there is an ad on the club's home page for the league's club, which I assume is celebrating it's 60th birthday / anniversary as there is a Panther leaping through the 0, as below:

1441587461877.jpg

It may very well be based on that design, given that the Panthers Group logo is pretty much the club logo.

I'm pretty sure I read a tweet from Gus a while back that there will be a new jersey too... may be launched Friday too...

Penrith entered the comp in 1967.

Is it 50 seasons or 50th Birthday?

50th season would be 2016.
But the 50th birthday would be 2017.

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
Club would have been formed in 1966 though so makes it the 50th birthday.
Next season will be the 50th playing with the big boys for us and I assume Cronulla (both joined '67). The Panthers name was first used in 1964 but the club's history goes back to around 1912 in one form or another.

Latest posts