What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

roofromoz

First Grade
Club would have been formed in 1966 though so makes it the 50th birthday.

The club was formed in 1963 for the then second division, which also had Cronulla amongst other clubs. It was admitted to the "first division" in 1966 along with Cronulla for the 1967 season.

Before that, there was a Penrith team that played in the then Parramatta A Grade comp, going back to 1912.

Their colours in the second division were actually blue and white, but because of Canterbury and Newtown, went for the brown and white, which it is said was taken from the colours of the high school.

Blues Riff

Bench
Pfft, getting beyond the joke.
50th season- 2016
50thh anniversary- 2017
Pfft yourself. The date they entered the competition is one day. The club has chosen to celebrate it's 50th season. It's called an anniversary year. That year is 2016. Why can't you get your head around it?

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
Lol. An anniversary is in year intervals AFTER an event... Going by your theory the day they joined would be their first anniversary...

When you get married your 10 year anniversary is 10 years after you get married not nine

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
I hope the NRL allow us to wear the redv this weekend. Considering some of the clashes the NRL allow all season it would be hypocritical not to allow us to play in our traditional jersey.

Plus they allowed it a few years ago:
St-George-Illawarra-Dragons-vs-Canterbury-Bulldogs-Live.jpg

Anyone who can't tell this difference is deadset blind

CCC1A10CAD2CE28F1200EEE16ABC7E21F627EDAB

Saint Doc

Coach
i thought saints wear the red v pretty much 90% of games?

Yeah but they usually wear the alternate strip away vs dogs. Whether this is an NRL or club decision I'm not sure. For quite a few years we were always vs dogs in heritage round which worked well as we both wore butchers stripes.

To me, as much as I hate all the random jerseys throughout the season, come finals saints should be in the RedV, and all other clubs in traditional jerseys

Saint Doc

Coach
Sanity prevails

@MercurialMattyV: Hi @NRL_Dragons and @NRL, has it been announced yet which jersey will be worn this week? Thank you very much. #redv

@NRL_Dragons: @MercurialMattyV after some discussion ... The mighty #redv !

Saint Doc

Coach
Jersey nerd question

If Melbourne and Roosters make the GF, what are the seedings for jerseys?

Does it revert to end of season rankings so that Easts play in navy and Storm in white+purple stripes?
Or does that semi week 1 result re-jig the rankings, meaning roosters in white and storm in navy/purple?

Also if it ended up Broncos/cowboys, can they both wear their heritage jerseys? Far and away the best jersey each team has

hellteam

First Grade
Good question. I think it goes off prelim final order?? I would hope so, would make for a better looking clash, I'm not a fan of Melbourne's away but their home is decent.

Broncos seem to be going with the heritage as much as possible, wouldn't be surprised if we wore it against the roosters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pretty confident it goes on ladder seedings - Roosters or Broncos in their chosen jersey with Melbourne in all likelihood in their away kit.

Saint Doc

Coach
Pretty confident it goes on ladder seedings - Roosters or Broncos in their chosen jersey with Melbourne in all likelihood in their away kit.

That's a shame. Much prefer Storm's home to their away.

Usually a big fan of striped jerseys but their away one doesn't sit right with me

thorson1987

Coach

Nope.

08 grand final proves otherwise.

Storm Minor Premiers, lost week one so were classed as the away team for the grand final.

That's a shame. Much prefer Storm's home to their away.

Usually a big fan of striped jerseys but their away one doesn't sit right with me

I love our away jersey. IMO our best since our yellow one.

Would have loved our trial jersey as our away aswell though.

3pfKzBWRaoKYLT8B5OE8vsSiXICHQZ6daomEsJrO9FqlaoPqCT2T3svLchCwxIOfzDNmCB2HuMDSKeeaP2mJNUL35vDYIyBOW8kzyvkm-TN7HhFfYCAVTrT2xhkmQ0I9rvnjk4q8t85HVh4p38C2nZq8OlySnlRB8S3Ly57fjssWhJuyT65-fsAdGtA=w400-h226-nc

Latest posts