What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

mn_tibor

Juniors
Not sure why the replica has a t-shirt/round collar though. Shouldn't complain I suppose as the jersey design great compared to the last few years.

mn_tibor

Juniors
Nevermind, playing jersey has a round collar.

10735307_1485796865017021_1837577948_n.jpg

Promo image must have used a prototype or something.

sheepbender

Juniors
I'll concede its definitely an improvement on the shockers of the last few seasons.. But it screams laziness and it's just not good enough for me.. The potential for something great was there and we end up with that.. The 9s jersey was good but we all said it could've been better, so to have just flipped the colours is disappointing..

hellteam

First Grade
Not great, but it's an improvement. The side panels are frustrating, strips need to go all the way around.

White collar and sleeves kind of look weird, I get that we need more white but it seems a bit out of place to me.

Hopefully the 9s jersey becomes the full time away strip.

JW

Coach
The idea was right and probably could've been done a bit better. But F me it's a huge, huge improvement on the ordinary jumpers we've been subjected to for quite a long time now and feels much more like a proper Broncos strip. Pretty good balance between the Maroon, gold and white.

LineBall

Juniors
It's a bit meh for me. Just a tweak on the 9's jersey. Needs a bit more white and a different shade of gold.

Joker's Wild

Coach
They had a real chance to do it right and they muffed it

Why do RL jersey designers get it so wrong so often?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think it's all that bad. They need to do away with that god awful coward jumper though

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not correct, there is quite a lot of armed forces participation and ANZAC themed stuff in the pre-match leadup.

Its there biggest crowd of the year, to take this game off Melbourne would be a huge step back for League in the City. Its the one "event" game they have.

Im not sure what the Storm draw normally in Auckland, but I reckon its a lot less than the 25K or so they get in Melbourne for the Warriors.

This is typical Rugby League for mine, see something good and lets f**k it up.

In 2012, Melb v Warriors at Mt Smart drew 20,487 (the game at AAMI on Anzac Day drew 20,333)
In 2013, Melb v Warriors at Mt Smart drew 20,126 (the game at AAMI on ANZAC Day drew 25,480)

applesauce

Bench
I think the Jersey on the cliffs will help raise awareness for Broncos games and help add a few more to each home crowd.

Also shows who owns this town, great stuff.

axl rose

Bench
Broncos giving a lesson in marketing & media relations sending personalised jerseys out to the Brisbane media, classy launch.

What a bunch of suck holes. Little wonder Broncos player shenanigans don't get reported up there. Nevertheless, a respectable design for once. At least they have the Nike logo where it should be and not yet another sponsor with Nike on the shoulders.

Last edited: