What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

defunk

Juniors
What about the Broncos wore the home strip v NZ in Rd.4 and nothing?That was more of a clash. Then they wore predominantly yellow v Dragons who are white!Embarrassing

kdalymc

Bench
Ffs eels didn't get fined for a jersey clash...
They were fined for not wearing the jersey they said they would.

I don't really think the NRL cares about this non existent clash bullocks, (if so it's really just clubs and revenue, (more jerseys to buy) obviously) it's just you have to nominate what your going to wear (even though I have no idea why it SHOULD matter..) and that's the rules.
Parra couldn't re-sticker their yellow strip and they wore blue instead. Obviously no clash but they broke a rule.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
A special fundraising Hull KR/PNG Jersey

CC3rkteWEAAOAbV.jpg:large

Hull Kingston Rovers have launched a unique limited-edition shirt to raise money for the Stanley Gene Foundation, with fans able to pre-order the eye-catching design online now.
Featuring the red, yellow and black national colours of Papua New Guinea as well as a silhouette of the “Kumul” bird of paradise seen on the nation’s flag, the shirt continues the club’s rich tradition with the country and will be worn by the Robins for the derby against Hull FC in July.
A contribution from each shirt will also be given to the Stanley Gene Foundation, which is committed to supporting rural communities and providing classroom and educational resources to help young Papua New Guineans make a better future for themselves.

hellteam

First Grade
Oop, my bad. Meant the away jersey..

The Main id good, but the big what back on the alternate has always annoyed me.

Don't really like that idea, jerseys with different color front and back are confusing and often clash with others.

The game the other night was fine when cowboys were running towards the camera, terrible when they weren't

kdalymc

Bench
I explained why parra got fined.
They couldn't resticker the yellow with gambling logos in time so they wore the blue

LESStar58

Referee
I got my Cowbs ANZAC jersey in the mail today. I'm a fan of it, I'm not usually into the gimmicky jerseys but being in the ADF and this is the first time we've been involved with a proper advertised ANZAC day clash I thought I would get one, really glad I did now as I reckon it came out nice.

141DFA19-6246-4BE4-849A-2E8551E131F7_zpsyuanwr4w.jpg

Would have been good to lose all the sponsors but I reckon a lot of clubs will take the panthers lead and ask for them to drop off for one game. I know we are quick to bag these companies but one must ponder,if they were even approached in the first place to drop for the one game (well 2 games for us as we're wearing it this weekend as well) the clubs amd ISC may have just assumed the sponsors would never agree to it and never approached them in the first place?? Just throwing it out there...........

Why did they wear this on the weekend and will they wear it again this weekend?

I'm assuming the Raiders wore their heritage jersey yesterday against Wests as some sort of tribute to the 89 GF vs Balmain? Even though it's got the 1990 GF winning side on it...................

Interesting aside, the major sponsor was moved up and made smaller as to not interfere with the picture but it's can't be done for the Raiders ANZAC jersey??????

But they had time to remove Unibet from the blue jersey?

Because they always intended to wear the blue jersey. It was only when the NRL became worried about a possible clash in wet weather that they told the Eels to wear the yellow, but they couldn't cover the Unibet logos in time so they stuck with the Blue and got fined.

thorson1987

Coach
Plus that home game was against NZ.

Does Townsville still have a decent Defence Force population aswell?

It seemed that way when I was last up there in 94 (although I was staying with my dad who lived at the Army barracks at the time)

Diesel

Referee
Is BOQ, Bank of Queensland sponsoring the Sharks now or is Flanno just wearing an old shirt from home?

beave

Coach
Does Townsville still have a decent Defence Force population aswell?

It seemed that way when I was last up there in 94 (although I was staying with my dad who lived at the Army barracks at the time)

Yeah probably about 7-8k all up. Which is why I am surprised we didn't get a home game for ANZAC day but whatevs. Can't have everything I guess.