What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

As a supporter of the club, I'm disgusted with Souths'. Crown logo is all over the Anzac.

All these jerseys are f**king tacky in the extreme. If they're going to be done, there should be no sponsorship on them at all.

No two consecutive games can be played by a club these days without some bullshit special, heritage or pointless jersey/kit being trotted out.

Cronulla and Newcastle played a match just last Friday night where neither team was recognisable to the casual fan as Cronulla or Newcastle.

How hard is it for the NRL to have a policy where all teams have one main kit, one alternate kit, and change shorts and/or socks for both?

All clubs must wear their full main kit in every match unless the two match-day main kits are similar. Then, the away team wears change shorts and/or socks, or their full alternate kit.

I'll get the response that it is a revenue stream having all these bullshit strips produced and played in. What a cop out. European Football Leagues are stricter with their policing of this, and they're normally accused of wearing alternate's for merchandising. How ironic. Most of those leagues have rules on when and how many times alternate's can be used by a club!

Perhaps the NRL could schedule matches in the day so more folks will turn up regularly. There's your revenue stream.

Well said but sadly people keep buying these jerseys, so the clubs keep putting them out thinking that they'll make money on them.

I'd like to see ALL profits go to charity for these ANAZC day jerseys not a token $10 or $20.

beave

Coach
I got my Cowbs ANZAC jersey in the mail today. I'm a fan of it, I'm not usually into the gimmicky jerseys but being in the ADF and this is the first time we've been involved with a proper advertised ANZAC day clash I thought I would get one, really glad I did now as I reckon it came out nice.

141DFA19-6246-4BE4-849A-2E8551E131F7_zpsyuanwr4w.jpg

Would have been good to lose all the sponsors but I reckon a lot of clubs will take the panthers lead and ask for them to drop off for one game. I know we are quick to bag these companies but one must ponder,if they were even approached in the first place to drop for the one game (well 2 games for us as we're wearing it this weekend as well) the clubs amd ISC may have just assumed the sponsors would never agree to it and never approached them in the first place?? Just throwing it out there...........

hellteam

First Grade
The Roosters light blue jersey for Anzac Day was excellent, also used to be good when the Dragons just had the Anzac logo on the front of the jersey

Sine then every other Anzac jersey has been gimmicky, lazy and nearly downright embarrassing.

Saint Doc

Coach
The Roosters light blue jersey for Anzac Day was excellent, also used to be good when the Dragons just had the Anzac logo on the front of the jersey

Sine then every other Anzac jersey has been gimmicky, lazy and nearly downright embarrassing.

Agreed!

LESStar58

Referee
Souths join the ANZAC jersey pile

4E2DD1FB-0A64-D770-63D9BF09F12A2655Mens-ANZAC-Front.jpg

Sponsor ruins it. Crown should have settled for a similar deal to one Melbourne had when they did the Man of Steel Jersey in 2013 and move to where the jersey manufacturer would normally be.

Frailty

First Grade
Sponsor ruins it. Crown should have settled for a similar deal to one Melbourne had when they did the Man of Steel Jersey in 2013 and move to where the jersey manufacturer would normally be.

Funny thing is Crown Resorts are already sleeves sponsors on that jersey as well - apparently that's not enough.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I dont mind the "honour guard" imagery the teams are doing this year, but the camo we used to get was just disgraceful...

in regard to sponsors, i can understand their reservations in dropping off the jersey (part of the reason for one-offs is to push the new sponsors on fan). I think the Cowboys have the right idea in just reducing it so it doesnt take away from the ANZAC art.

Souths could have just move the sponsor off centre and a bit to the right. I think for a one-off ANZAC jumper, that would be ok....

Anzac jerseys should be merged with heritage jerseys for the one round a year so that you cut down on jerseys and you have the Anzac theme integrated into a teams Jersey from that period and if the team wasn't around then they have their first Jersey!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Their heritage jersey. They wore it v Dragons three weeks ago too.

steggz

Juniors
All that needs to be different is the back of the Cows jersey should be white, even with the navy coming over in a yoke.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I can't believe they still fine teams.

In this day and age surely they have to lodge the uniform they will be wearing at least 3 weeks from any fixture

And if they submit they are wearing blue and wear red on they day. It should be $1,000,000 fine

Fmd how hard is it