What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Nuke

Staff member
Apologies for the dodgy MS Paint effort, but in attempt to reply to the above posts, iI attempted to design an alternate jersey for newcastle that
- avoided a clash with blue teams
- retained brand recognition / stripes
- looks ok

knights%20template.png

Thoughts?

This is an idea I came up with a couple of years ago as a Newcastle alternative jersey. It was a way of bringing the main jersey into the alternate design, yet still providing a contrast.
NKaltjerseyidea.jpg

CC_Roosters

First Grade
This is an idea I came up with a couple of years ago as a Newcastle alternative jersey. It was a way of bringing the main jersey into the alternate design, yet still providing a contrast.
NKaltjerseyidea.jpg

Thats a better effort than most of the jerseys dished up

What happened to the great wests tigers jerseys of 3 or 4 years ago. The current grey thing looks ridiculous!

Also not a fan of all these theme jerseys especially those depicting soldiers and with camo integrated. Just does not sit right with me, i think the only variation to the jersey should be a poppy on every teams gameday jesrsey like british football in thr run up to rememberance sunday

Loose Cannon

Bench
NKaltjerseyidea.jpg

That's what I was looking for some months back. That is perfect. White contrast, but maintaining the core design.

Well done.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fine against eels but That would still clash with Bulldogs and cowboys home jerseys

Given a number of teams use white in their main jerseys using it as an alternate doesn't make a lot of sense. I like the totally different use of a main colour, such as the Knights hi vis jersey as an alternate.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Like the Canberra kit today. That old gold colour is great. I would love to see any future pirates team use that colour with scarlet red and black.

Best Anzac shirts? I'd go Canberra and panthers. Souths worse.

Saint Doc

Coach
What's with the new Kangaroos training jersey??

Trying to get sales from confused Union fans?

The Wallaroos? Kangawallabies?

6B285712-ACC1-45E2-8241-0174257E5AEF.png

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Probably just means the ARU is going broke and will sell the rights to the Wallabies brand to the NRL for like a new Melbourne franchise or something..... :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Saint Doc

Coach
I'm just surprised with the double chevron branding since the new logo was released in 2012, complete with a Kangaroos kit that had chevrons on the logo, coat of arms, jersey, shorts and socks...to then release this training shirt that looks like your competitor seems strange

Can u honestly say this looks like a kangaroos clinic and not a wallabies one?

86B294B9-0AD2-49ED-B0D9-A159E4F46C9B.jpg

hellteam

First Grade
That does look very wallabies like, especially because Canterbury is more of a rugby brand. Bit strange because I don't think gold would sell as well as green. Don't think it's much of an issue though really

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Very odd, probably shouldve added a green V.

Anyways the Wallabies used to have a darker gold and now look more like the Socceroos.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Honestly, i reckon it just shows how little they care about Rugby....

NRL is trying to position itself as the Australian Game (implicitly, since VFL already claimed that phrase). NRL is the Green and Gold sport, maybe they are trying to take away that image that made the Aussie Union team distinct.

I'm a huge fan of the Kangaroos gear, especially the stuff made by CCC. This is just a training t-shirt it's not even a jersey. It's only natural that CCC will use the other all the colours for a range of training wear.
Personally it didn't look anything like a *nion event to me.