What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

Yosh

Coach
Lol! Had to throw one in there. Was tempted to put SBW in there somewhere but that's so 2010 lol!

But dropping Boyd, Kidley and Uate and we suddenly we have 1.5 million in cap space. We clearly have players within our ranks that can do the job. Buy two quality forwards with the 1.5 million and we'd be gun.

perverse

Referee
I reckon you'd find a willing suitor for Gids in England. I can't imagine Aku agreeing to go to England, really... although he'd murder them over there even at his current capacity.

No NRL club would look at them on their current value, though. Maybe if we continued to foot a portion of the bill. I can't imagine Gids wanting to play for a different NRL club, though... it'd be England or bust for him.

perverse

Referee
Me neither really, and I don't think we can even if I wanted us to. We need to get him lighter/fitter and more quality ball in general.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Im not willing to give up on Aku yet

You beat me to it.

He has as much ability as any winger in the comp. However just about every player goes through a complacent phase during their career where they slacken off. I'm confident that by the end of the year he'll come good again.

K-Man

Bench
You beat me to it.

He has as much ability as any winger in the comp. However just about every player goes through a complacent phase during their career where they slacken off. I'm confident that by the end of the year he'll come good again.

I think a lot of it can be put down to the team's inability to get the most out of its quality outside backs in general.

The thing with Aku is, are we ever questioning his ability to get over the try line or cause problems out wide in space? I don't think so. He's not exactly bombing tries or getting physically dominated by other wingers - that would concern me.

But he's not bullying other teams either and he's not doing the extra special things in attack that made him the best winger in the game.

I'm confident he can come back from a slump, and I also don't believe the 'slump' is actually that bad. I'd love us to get some decent ball to both him and Gagai. When they actually have space you still see the class is there, Gagai put Uate over for a try a few weeks back that was brilliant. It's all there, just a combination of both being a bit down and the team struggling to provide a platform.

Noname36

First Grade
Was bored and took a look at the other forum and someone posted a list of the forwards off-contract for next year.

Ben Hannant
Tom Learoyd Lahrs
Dave Shillington
Jason King
Anthony Watmough
Sam McKendry
Dunamis Lui
Sam Mataora
David Hala
Francis Molo
Kevin Proctor
Tohu Harris
Ryan Hoffman
George Rose
Glenn Hall
Gavin Cooper
Ashton Sims
Tariq Sims
Jeremy Latimore
Matt Groat
Bronson Harrison
Tim Mannah
Joseph Paulo
James Gavet
Sauaso Sue
Cory Patterson
Bodene Thompson
Isaac Liu
Sam Moa

I'd love to have a play at one or two of the young forwards from the Tigers. They make great impact IMO.

Was bored and took a look at the other forum and someone posted a list of the forwards off-contract for next year.

Ben Hannant
Tom Learoyd Lahrs
Dave Shillington
Jason King
Anthony Watmough
Sam McKendry
Dunamis Lui
Sam Mataora
David Hala
Francis Molo
Kevin Proctor
Tohu Harris
Ryan Hoffman
George Rose
Glenn Hall
Gavin Cooper
Ashton Sims
Tariq Sims
Jeremy Latimore
Matt Groat
Bronson Harrison
Tim Mannah
Joseph Paulo
James Gavet
Sauaso Sue
Cory Patterson
Bodene Thompson
Isaac Liu
Sam Moa

I'd love to have a play at one or two of the young forwards from the Tigers. They make great impact IMO.

There is a lot of quality and experience there. We have to make a solid play at getting at least one rep quality prop. I dont think Ben Hannant will leave Brisbane but it would be good to put an offer on the table. And surely shillington would like to leave canberra for some nice newcastle beaches?

Would probably pick up Gavett for okay coin considering his only just made grade and would be on a 2nd tier deal no doubt.

aqua_duck

Coach
Francis Molo is a gun from what I've seen of him too, I'm sure Wayne would know all about him

Joker's Wild

Coach
Jeez there is some quality in there

What the hell happened to TLL? He cant even crack a terrible Canberra outfit these days

RHCP

Bench
Plenty of quality there.

So I'm sure we'll end up with Cory Paterson and Jeremy Latimore.

Latest posts