What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

If Baron is referring to The Greg Bird glassing incident I am deadset of the view he will never get it. A shame cos Birdy has done nothing wrong since really.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
The balls grabbing thing?

I dunno... You're right, there is more to life than winning. I think we need someone who plays like Greg Bird.

8. Snowden
9. Cyldesdale
10. Hannant
11. Bird
12. Scott
13. Tariq Sims*

14. Aston Sims*
15. Korbin Sims
16. Cuthbertson
17. Sam Moa*

Hmmm... So hard to fill the gaps...

*just added.

Not impossible that we'd sign all the Sims right?

Last edited:

eozsmiles

Bench
I think Hannant will either retire or smooth it over with Brisbane. Apparently he won lotto when he was a youngster at the roosters and has always had a quid. At 31 and with a battered body, he might call it quits rather than shift. Unless the $$$ were too good to knock back.

I reckon he'd want $400k or more anyway.......worth it?

eozsmiles

Bench
Was bored and took a look at the other forum and someone posted a list of the forwards off-contract for next year.

Ben Hannant
Tom Learoyd Lahrs
Dave Shillington
Jason King
Anthony Watmough
Sam McKendry
Dunamis Lui
Sam Mataora
David Hala
Francis Molo
Kevin Proctor
Tohu Harris
Ryan Hoffman
George Rose
Glenn Hall
Gavin Cooper
Ashton Sims
Tariq Sims
Jeremy Latimore
Matt Groat
Bronson Harrison
Tim Mannah
Joseph Paulo
James Gavet
Sauaso Sue
Cory Patterson
Bodene Thompson
Isaac Liu
Sam Moa

I'd love to have a play at one or two of the young forwards from the Tigers. They make great impact IMO.

Pretty sure I read watmough is under contract for next year, has a massive back ended deal for 2015 that is part of the whole drama at the club.

Mannah re-signed with Parra for 3 years earlier today. Good for Parra, he's a solid player. Would have been handy here.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I think Hannant will either retire or smooth it over with Brisbane. Apparently he won lotto when he was a youngster at the roosters and has always had a quid. At 31 and with a battered body, he might call it quits rather than shift. Unless the $$$ were too good to knock back.

I reckon he'd want $400k or more anyway.......worth it?
You may be right. I remember reading he has a large young family and its the reason he moved from the dogs was to be closer to extended family for his kids. I doubt very much he would come to Newcastle

Noname36

First Grade
Pretty sure I read watmough is under contract for next year, has a massive back ended deal for 2015 that is part of the whole drama at the club.

Mannah re-signed with Parra for 3 years earlier today. Good for Parra, he's a solid player. Would have been handy here.

Yeah you're probably right, I just didn't bother taking them out of there because it's not like we'd sign either anyway. Both scream one teams players to me. I wouldn't want Watmong anyway. To quote someone up thread "there's some things more important than winning football games".

Frederick

Staff member
I would gladly take bird or watmough. They may be merkins, but they're very talented merkins

Noname36

First Grade
I'd happily take Bird. Not Watmough though. Doesn't matter anyway what we think. He wouldn't come here anyway.

slotmachine

First Grade
why is anyone mentioning bird?

he is contracted until the end of 2017 (when he will be 33) and he brushed us last year when his contract was up

bronson harrison though, he's just the type of player supercoach bennett can turn around!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
There is only one player who I would not want in the team based on personality and that is Michael Ennis. Not just because he is a grub, but because he spends half his time arguing the refs and milking penalties, rather than actually playing football. Imagine having Ennis and Boyd in the same team. Our sets of 6 would take 2 minutes each time.

Watmough would cost a mint IMO. Great player but yeah not at the expense of a few other top players. Moa still unsigned but I can't see the Roosters letting him go.

Yosh

Coach
So... We could really possibly see:

1. Darius Boyd/Gagai
2. Akuila Uate/Mamo
3. Gagai/Mata'utia
4. Joey Leilua
5. James McManus/Mamo

6. Jarrod Mullen/Dobson
7. Tyrone Roberts/Dobson

8. Kade Snowden
9. Adam Clydesdale
10. Ben Hannant
11. Baue Scott
12. Tariq Sims
13. Korbin Sims

14. Kurt Gidley/Chad Redman
15. Robbie Rochow/Mason
16. Sam Moa/Cuthbertson
17. Danny Wicks/Vai Vai

Looks pretty solid. We got some great backup too.

Personally, I'd love to see Kidley, Boyd and Uate gone, because we have ample cover. We should use that money to sign some gun forwards.

eozsmiles

Bench
Some people seem 100% against the likes of Bird or Watmough (not that they're going anywhere) but all top teams have some grubbiness or merkin in them. Forwards need to have bad intentions sometimes. There is a reason Bennett wanted Beau and Jeremy. They are not complete merkins but happy to get involved in all of that stuff when it gets going. Can't remember exactly what Wayne said about the opposition not caring who got off the bus, but you need someone that they are looking for out of the corner of their eye.

Beau Scott and Snowden should fit the bill. That's part of their job IMO.

Burgess, JWH, Bird, Watmough, Gallen.......I'd sign them all. Other players grow bigger balls when they follow them. Bunch of merkins.

Latest posts