What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

aqua_duck

Coach
Jeez there is some quality in there

What the hell happened to TLL? He cant even crack a terrible Canberra outfit these days

From what I understand he's just a walking injury case. My of mine went to school with him at Farrar and from what I've been told he's been held together by duct tape since he was in his early 20s

Noname36

First Grade
There is a lot of quality and experience there. We have to make a solid play at getting at least one rep quality prop. I dont think Ben Hannant will leave Brisbane but it would be good to put an offer on the table. And surely shillington would like to leave canberra for some nice newcastle beaches?

I'm sure Hannant must be out of favour with Brisbane. He's been moved to the bench for Kennedy who has been awful this year IMO. I'm sure he wouldn't want to leave Brissy with his family set up there but we have enough blokes playing and coaching for us from up there to show him that it's doable. If we could pick up a seasoned prop like him (or even someone like Shilo or TLL) to do the though opening exchanges and then throw cash at someone like Moa or Gavet and a second rower id be really happy.

I know it's Buckley's chance of happening with the blokes in Sydney but Hannant isn't beyond the realms of possibility IMO.

aqua_duck

Coach
Wouldn't take Hannant TBH, would be just another bandaid solution given he's 31 next year, would rather someone who might not be as good but on the way up

1qaz

Juniors
He lives on an acreage on the Gold Coast where his kids ride dirt bikes.
It's going to be pretty hard for him to pack up and move again.

Nuffy

Bench
I'd love us to at least try, I think we would be more of an option than Sydney.

aqua_duck

Coach
Don't me wrong I rate him but he's on the decline and isn't getting any younger. Would love a long term proposition in the pack rather than these 1-2 year bandaid fixes

Nothing wrong with a 'band aid fix'. A declining hannant is still better than what we have. You need a mix of long term propositions and experience.

RHCP

Bench
I'd still be shocked if he left SEQ, but yeah, you can't always grab the good prospects. Hannant for two years followed by picking up the young up-and-comers in 2015 or 2016 wouldn't be terrible.

A more likely outcome will be Hannant to Titans and Dave Taylor coming here. No way can they afford Myles, Taylor, Hannant and Bird. I still believe the Taylor fire is not out yet. The Tits are keeping their powder dry. I have no doubt he is the forward we are still chasing for this year.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
A more likely outcome will be Hannant to Titans and Dave Taylor coming here. No way can they afford Myles, Taylor, Hannant and Bird. I still believe the Taylor fire is not out yet. The Tits are keeping their powder dry.

I actually can see the Titans being able to afford all those big name forwards. All you have to do is look at their backline. I highly doubt their halves would be on big coin like most other clubs. Plus releasing Idris would have freed up a lot of cap space. The same goes for Souths. Their forward back on face value looks impossible to keep under the cap. However their wingers and centres wouldn't be worth a great deal so they are able to bolster their pack.

Seezer will be on a top dollar deal soon. Plenty of clubs want his signature. Kelly will be worth plenty soon. Same with his signature. To think we had him! Mead is looking at an origin bolter. They will need big dollars to keep this side together. They backend deals like it is a fashion statement.

All that said BIHK the Titans have managed to keep all their marquees together over the years so you are probably right. We have absolutely nothing when it comes to 3rd party deals.

Yosh

Coach
We need some Greg Bird. Play him on the left edge, Scott on the right and Rochow through the middle.

Nuffy

Bench
All that said BIHK the Titans have managed to keep all their marquees together over the years so you are probably right. We have absolutely nothing when it comes to 3rd party deals.

There was an article in one of the Sydney papers last weekend talking about the Tits and it's claimed they are run on the smell of an oily rag and can't afford to pay big money for anyone.

I doubt they are held together via 3rd party deals.

Latest posts