What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

The Mole is now reporting Aku and Raiders link so it may have some truth to it. Tony Adams was the bloke who tipped Tariq to us when everyone else said Penrith.

slotmachine

First Grade
if you want to talk about bad business, the supercoach signing his adopted son and trying to shoe horn gidley in somewhere else has to take the cake.

Frederick

Staff member
Had this convo with the random sitting next to me today. IMHO, they are both better than McManus, and as good as Uate, but we could easily get both for what aku's being paid.

So I'd be happy to let jimmy and aku walk.

Swarzey

Bench
I'd probably give Aku and Jimmy another season to prove their place in the side and throughout the year remind them of that by dropping them to NSW cup. We're in a position I don't want to be in, but these kids are special and if this club has any success in the near future I'm sure they'll have pivotal roles, they simply cannot be lost to other clubs.

Aku and Jimmy aren't the sort of players that deserve to be dumped after their form this year but if they can't get back to those higher standards, then unfortunately it's time to accept either finishing in NSW Cup or moving on.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I reckon we owe it to Uate to give him another chance. Hopefully he'll be injury-free and trimmed down a bit for 2015. I know he's been a bit overweight, but I really think that knee injury had a big effect on his mobility and just his overall form this year. If he doesn't improve at all to start next year then I'd consider possibly letting him go mid-year.

Sione and Chanel the priorities. It sucks for Uate and Macca but you cannot put them in grade above those kids. Time for club to grow a set and negotiate how to let the veterans know where they stand.

Last edited:

rabble

Juniors
Hopefully Knights fight tooth n nail to avoid paying any of Boyd's contract next year. Not only does he not deserve it but I believe it's a case of Bennett abusing the system. f..k off Wayne.

Hopefully Knights fight tooth n nail to avoid paying any of Boyd's contract next year. Not only does he not deserve it but I believe it's a case of Bennett abusing the system. f..k off Wayne.

Surely any form of get out clause would null and void any form if payment to him. Different story if we break the contract.

Nuffy

Bench

What's this, how would we be liable for any of his contract if he exercises the get out clause.

rabble

Juniors
Reported by Toohey in the tele today. Trying to some form of payment due to lost third party payments which I thought he eventually received and which apparently where never guaranteed. I wouldn't dismiss Bennett having a hand in this. The whole thing is a furphy. Illness.... Haha.

slotmachine

First Grade
I'm assuming it has been posed as a threat. Pay $300k to be rid of him, or he stays for 2015, mails it in and collects his $600k.

rabble

Juniors
Let him stay. Make him play NSW cup. He doesn't want to stay, it's not a big enough town for his head, he can feel the criticisms.

Noname36

First Grade
There is absolutely no f**king way this can happen. Fact if we let it I will completely give up on the club's administration. Tell him no and if he needs the money he can stay and play reserve grade, or worse, go play in Canberra or something.

Bad part is though that if the NRL get the say they'll want it to happen so they only have to give Boyd 300k instead of 600k.

Wato

Juniors
Didn't Boyd stop attending club functions as he was not getting his third party payments, therefore voiding any such claim to loss of income.

Nuffy

Bench
Reported by Toohey in the tele today. Trying to some form of payment due to lost third party payments which I thought he eventually received and which apparently where never guaranteed. I wouldn't dismiss Bennett having a hand in this. The whole thing is a furphy. Illness.... Haha.

Cheers, I reckon he has a snowballs chance. If there was a contractual obligation, then it would have been paid. Sounds like its a try on, nothing surer.

The guy is really hard to like, he has some troubles I get that but recoups by tweeting photos of himself and his wife sailing the Med. Then after missing 7 games and leaving his team short handed, his final act to is stick his hand out for money.

Nice.

I don't understand how the club can be liable at all for any lost 3rd party payments. 3rd party payments must not be associated with the club in any way and must be arranged by the player.

There is no way that we should be giving him anything by bowing down to his demands. We have no obligation whatsoever to pay him anything.

slotmachine

First Grade
Bad part is though that if the NRL get the say they'll want it to happen so they only have to give Boyd 300k instead of 600k.

Well, they will be spending that money under the salary cap regardless, it's just obviously much better used on someone who will actually be playing for us and not the Broncos.

Why Wayne needs to steal $300k of our cap when the Broncs have $1m+ in third party deals for their players I don't know. Release one of your seven fullbacks instead of trying to screw the Knights maybe.

There is no way that we should be giving him anything by bowing down to his demands. We have no obligation whatsoever to pay him anything.

Unless he exercises his get out clause the Knights are obliged to pay him $600k.

Latest posts