What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

Cletus

First Grade
I think it will be a regional rating record. Pretty much all of Queensland is going to watch it. It will be down in NSW but Melbourne should be similar or even up on a non-Storm GF. So I don't think it will be great on a metro basis but could be a record nationally.

insert.pause

First Grade
the quality of the contest will play biggest part imo, and there's very little between these sides, could go to golden point.

Been a while since we had a genuine even money grand final.

user_nat

Coach
Pretty disappointing figures from Melbourne last night. Way down on previous prelims.

One sidedness probably didn't help, but that was mostly the second half.

Brisbane and Sydney wee good for the teams though.

j5o6hn

Juniors
There's also the fact it was up against the AFL pelim Final from Perth given the fanaticism of both WA and Vic for AFL they did well

undertaker

Coach
queensland should get nearly 900k alone

What? Brisbane should be 1 million+ alone.

QLD has a population of about 4.75 million, I would think that more than half of that amount will be watching the game. Regionals will be HUUUUUUUUUUGE!

Johnny88

Juniors
Rumour is CH9 will show the grand final on 9 as well as Gem in HD.

CH7 is showing the AFL grand final in HD on 7Mate.
So simulcast for both events.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
We are getting it on both 9 and Gem in WA, which means we will also get the post game on Gem because 9 cuts straight to the news. Last year after 9 cut the coverage at fulltime it was actually a main talking point on radio the next day, which shows pwople over here do watch it.

Cletus

First Grade
We are getting it on both 9 and Gem in WA, which means we will also get the post game on Gem because 9 cuts straight to the news. Last year after 9 cut the coverage at fulltime it was actually a main talking point on radio the next day, which shows pwople over here do watch it.

That makes a lot of sense. So it probably won't happen.

applesauce

Bench
If today's GF gets the same ratings as last year it will be only 100k behind the AFL's game yesterday in regards to Metro ratings and 300k ahead including Regionals.

If it is a close game will definitely beat the AFL for both metro and regionals.

Billythekid

First Grade
If today's GF gets the same ratings as last year it will be only 100k behind the AFL's game yesterday in regards to Metro ratings and 300k ahead including Regionals.

If it is a close game will definitely beat the AFL for both metro and regionals.

I'm not sure if that's true or not. An all QLD GF is a completely new thing and we have no idea how fans will respond in NSW. I also feel like the souths story last year was a bigger deal. Who knows though, maybe it'll rate its tits off.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm not sure if that's true or not. An all QLD GF is a completely new thing and we have no idea how fans will respond in NSW. I also feel like the souths story last year was a bigger deal. Who knows though, maybe it'll rate its tits off.

As long as the cowboys stay in the match every neutral will be watching cheering them on. They are a feel good story. People love that shit.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Surely the same neutrals who watched on 'the souths story' (whether they wanted us to succeed or fail) will be the type of neutral fans who'll tune in to see whether Thurston and his Cowboys succeed or fail.

Perth Red

Post Whore
3 1/2 of coverage on gem in wa so we must be getting it all this year. Can't wait for fix simulcast though so we don't go to adds every 90secs.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Ratings will be big, notably in the southern states where coverage was actually on all afternoon AND after the game AND in HD.

With the quality of the game it could go close to highest ever I reckon.

Latest posts