What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

elbusto

Coach
Yesterday's Fox Sports ratings - 3 NRL games 680000 6 AFL games 750000.

hehehehehehehehehehe

Last edited:

aads

Juniors
and the AFL goes to Foxtel at the same time it goes to 7 so ratings (i am sorry to say) won't show the whole story.

I have been to AFL games in my younger days - and my god i didn't enjoy it as a sport....

and the AFL goes to Foxtel at the same time it goes to 7 so ratings (i am sorry to say) won't show the whole story.

I have been to AFL games in my younger days - and my god i didn't enjoy it as a sport....
Bullshit .
If the NRL was simulcast on fox, same time as 9 ,you can bet that if you had fix you would be watching fox .
Ad free ,better commentary & in HD ....so why would you watch the inferior FTA broadcast?

elbusto

Coach
Storm ratings in Melbourne were almost identical to Swans ratings in Sydney. STorm on Go- Swans on 7 - bloody good result.

ANd the ratings for the Broncos v Cowboys game were also high.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Next weeks ratings are gonna be massive!!!

I dont know whether Melbourne or NQld would provide more interest, but either way, its gonna by huge.

Brutus

Referee
Sydney prelim ratings underwhelming compared to previous years.

I can remember Cowboys/Broncos prelims from years gone by getting bigger numbers in Sydney.

user_nat

Coach
Comparing it to the Manly v Brisbane prelimin 2011, Sydney is down about 50k and Brisbane is up about 60k.
Would have thought the Roosters were the more popular Sydney side.

Does anyone remember if we were broadcast live into Melbourne back then? 12k in 2011 vs 65k now is pretty impressive.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Comparing it to the Manly v Brisbane prelimin 2011, Sydney is down about 50k and Brisbane is up about 60k.
Would have thought the Roosters were the more popular Sydney side.

Does anyone remember if we were broadcast live into Melbourne back then? 12k in 2011 vs 65k now is pretty impressive.

With the increase in streaming i dont think comparing numbers now to 2011 is valid imo

BuffaloRules

Coach
I believe that the Ratings number announced are viewers averaged over 15 minute periods which are then averaged over the time of the program.

When there is a blow out and people are switching channels towards the back end of the game, this will impact the ratings number compared with a close game.

undertaker

Coach
474k in Brisbane for a preliminary final is outstanding!

Will be interesting to see what the ratings are in Brisbane and Melbourne for tonight's match

user_nat

Coach
Should be less than average. Generally 2 Sydney sides is, so you would imagine 2 Queensland sides would be worse.
Needed Melbourne for a shot at records.

Latest posts