What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

DC_fan

Coach
Exactly right no surprise Sunday footy is live on 9 this season the ratings fell dramatically in the last 2 seasons.

I will think you will find that the game this afternoon is on delay in to Brisbane. They promote coverage for the game in both Sydney and Brisbane starting at 3.30. With the hour time difference both can't be live.

cleary89

Coach
I know it happens every year and 9 are merkins for doing it, but I still laugh at qld for not having dls.

DC_fan

Coach
I expected better rating figures. Brisbane numbers were extremely poor. Overall the numbers for round 1 have been down on what I and suspect most of us expected.

Diesel

Referee
lol 89K Brisbane. Take note channel 9 you merkins, you can't treat QLD like its 1985 and expect good ratings

Dogs Of War

Coach
I know it happens every year and 9 are merkins for doing it, but I still laugh at qld for not having dls.

It was horrible. I could hear the SMS's going off on my phone, which suggested the Bulldogs were losing but the game still hadn't started in QLD.

THat said I did get to SMS that those last 5 minutes must have been painful for them all with the Bulldogs gettign close.

insert.pause

First Grade
the cricket would have cut into it, I didn't bother watching it and I haven't for the last 3 years, I don't understand the point of delayed sport. It's going to take a while to get the audience back after they have discovered a new way to spend their Sunday afternoons.

undertaker

Coach
what is the point in having a half-hour pre-game show at 3:30pm into Brisbane when the game is on delay there? The same thing happened for the Australia vs Samoa 4-nations match last year

I noticed during the broncos/souffs telecast that Rabs et al. were very subtle about saying the Sunday game was on at 3:30pm in NSW & QLD, rather than saying it was going to be live in NSW and delayed in QLD, and no mention yesterday about the game being live so the QLDers wouldn't be upset that they were watching a delayed match.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
I don't understand the point of delayed sport. .

This, my friend, is the point of delayed sport

wwods.png

:lol:

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
lol 89K Brisbane. Take note channel 9 you merkins, you can't treat QLD like its 1985 and expect good ratings

<100k is absolutely pathetic. Time to have the Wide World of Delayed Sports logo permanently affixed on the top-right corner of QLDers tv screens. You guys deserve it.

undertaker

Coach
Will be interesting to see the Bulldogs v Eels ratings. Parra does have its dormant fans, especially if they announce Foran signing during the week.

It was only about 3-5 seasons ago that Bulldogs vs Eels on Friday night was one of the marquee matchups that would easily get 500k in Sydney.

Anything over 400k in Sydney this Friday night will be a success.

Melbourne numbers avg 70k is positive, brisbane unsurprisingly down with the delayed coverage, syd I think is a bit soft.

70k in non-NRL heartland, shoved away on a digitial channel with close to zero promotion from Ch9 Melbourne is a big success.

It shows the potential in Melbourne's ratings with more promotion and interest from Ch9 down there, and contradicts the lie Gallop and Ch9's AFL lackeys in Melbourne tried to perpetuate a few years ago saying that RL doesn't rate in Melbourne. Absolute baloney.

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
I really hope some of those sponsors that were charged a premium for advertising during yesterday's game are calling Gynalecologist to ask why only 89K watched it in the second biggest target audience