What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

Johnny88

Juniors
How does Nine's Sunday News rate this year compared to last, now that they have the live footy beforehand?

Last year nrl sunday wasn't even cracking top 20, it is now so its a improvement but yes early days.

insert.pause

First Grade
LIVE SUNDAY FOOTY A BIG TURN-ON

THE implementation of live *Sunday afternoon football has proven a ratings smash hit for Channel 9, with the Rabbitohs-Roosters blockbuster peaking at over 900,000 viewers.

The NRL match was the most-watched club game on a Sunday since 2012, underlining how Ray Warren live into lounge rooms on a Sunday afternoon is a guaranteed ratings winner.

Channel 9’s executive producer of NRL Matt Callander told us so far live Sunday afternoon football was up 10 per cent on last season. “Footy fans asked us for live *Sunday afternoon football and the great news from our perspective is they’ve given it a resounding thumbs up,” Callander said.

The challenge for the NRL now is attendances. There’s no *sugar-coating the fact the ANZ Stadium crowd of 27,289 was a major disappointment.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/b...-and-neck-cancer/story-fni2urrv-1227270329337

typicalfan

Coach
Actually the viewers picked up based on those figures. I guess you didn't watch or are not aware of the order of the fixtures.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I would have to say these numbers are ordinary. But then again look at which teams were playing.

Interesting the drop off in viewing numbers between games. Obviously the chat between games turns people off.

what a surprise to see you rubbishing something

DC_fan

Coach
Actually the viewers picked up based on those figures. I guess you didn't watch or are not aware of the order of the fixtures.

Actually what I was getting at was the chat sessions Fox Sports put on between the end of one game and start of the next. Where we had Anasta, Gasnier and that other guy talk. The numbers clearly show fans are only interestedly in football action.

El Diablo

Post Whore
you ever thought of pissing off and following another sport seeing you whinge about everything

Latest posts