What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 World Club Series | 21-23 Feb

mxlegend99

Referee
Neither of them got sent to the bin, you did notice that didn't you!
Read what I wrote, I was talking about the commentators whining that those tackles weren't sin bins. The whole game was them sooking about shit like that. They didn't have issue with the Dragons not receiving a penalty in the first 70 minutes though.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Dragons are one of the favs for the spoon, hopefully the mighty Warrington derps are not one of the top SL sides. It would be a sad reflection of the quality over there.......

I would hardly think they are favourites for the spoon. One of the better halfback pairings in the NRL and a very good crop of outside backs means they will challenge for top 8 imo

Spoon favourites are the titans and canberra by a mile

Why do people keep talking about super league rules? I know this whole thing was designed to give the SL sides a leg up but why the f**k would this game be played under super league rules?

GongPanther

Referee
Me neither! he done really well today.

Well I am stoked too.

Too much drop ball from Warrington today which ended up costing them the game.

Considering St George have had limited trial time together compared to Warrington's season fully under way,it speaks volumes about the Dragon's win.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I would hardly think they are favourites for the spoon. One of the better halfback pairings in the NRL and a very good crop of outside backs means they will challenge for top 8 imo

Spoon favourites are the titans and canberra by a mile
mate they are a bottom 4 side IMO, if Warrington are one of the top sides in SL I'll say again it doesn't say much for the quality of the SL comp.

This Year?

Immortal
Considering St George have had limited trial time together compared to Warrington's season fully under way,it speaks volumes about the Dragon's win.

To be honest I'm sure Warrington wouldn't care too much about the result. They are 4 rounds (not sure though) into their season and they wouldn't want to put everything into a friendly game.

I'm just happy about the win because it was against the odds and against the penalty count.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just on this, it's SL rules for these games. You can knock the ball dead if it's moving and you have one foot out of the field of play to get a 20m restart.
fair enough, don't like that rule. A good kick doesn't get rewarded. I do like that rule of play on after a drop ball and you come back for the first mistake. Gives a chance for some exciting play.

Harrigan

Juniors
Why do people keep talking about super league rules? I know this whole thing was designed to give the SL sides a leg up but why the f**k would this game be played under super league rules?

The same reason it was played under NRL rules in Sydney last year.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Give over they've had one more competitive game than St George

lol

It's only the 2nd trial the first grade team have played together. Warrington have played 2 competition games.

I don't have a team in ESL, but if I did it would be Warrington. I've always barracked for them - but they wouldn't make the 8 in NRL.

The Clan

Juniors
mate they are a bottom 4 side IMO, if Warrington are one of the top sides in SL I'll say again it doesn't say much for the quality of the SL comp.

That an NRL side can only sneak a 1 try win against a UK team doesn't say much for the much vaunted superior NRL standards.

With Rugby League getting the pick of Australia's best athletes and enjoying the status of being Australias No1 sport and all the money that brings you'd expect them to easily dispose of a SL team. SL is perhaps the 5th or 6th choice sport in the UK and has to make the most of the meagre number of talented athletes that come their way. With no profile and no money it's testament to the British Bulldog spirit and the quality of UK youth coaching that a SL side ran an NRL side so close.

See, it's easy to play that card!

The Clan

Juniors
lol

It's only the 2nd trial the first grade team have played together. Warrington have played 2 competition games.

I don't have a team in ESL, but if I did it would be Warrington. I've always barracked for them - but they wouldn't make the 8 in NRL.

What about the charity shield against Souths?

Latest posts