What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 World Club Series | 21-23 Feb

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That an NRL side can only sneak a 1 try win against a UK team doesn't say much for the much vaunted superior NRL standards.

With Rugby League getting the pick of Australia's best athletes and enjoying the status of being Australias No1 sport and all the money that brings you'd expect them to easily dispose of a SL team. SL is perhaps the 5th or 6th choice sport in the UK and has to make the most of the meagre number of talented athletes that come their way. With no profile and no money it's testament to the British Bulldog spirit and the quality of UK youth coaching that a SL side ran an NRL side so close.

See, it's easy to play that card!
Oh dear!! I suppose after the efforts from your cricket team yesterday you have to take any little positive to come your way :lol:

mxlegend99

Referee
What about the charity shield against Souths?
You mean the trial game with 10 man benches, unlimited interchanges and both sides literally experimenting with guys not likely to be near first grade throughout the game? At times there's essentially reserve grade sides playing.

Not close to playing a proper game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Oh dear indeed!

Whoosh
Straight over your head
Nothing went over my head, just more excuses from a whining pom. You have over double our population and we have 4 football codes in this country unlike yours which has 3. But go ahead and keep sooking and making excuses at why your country continues to suck arse at most sports.

blaza88z

Coach
That an NRL side can only sneak a 1 try win against a UK team doesn't say much for the much vaunted superior NRL standards.

With Rugby League getting the pick of Australia's best athletes and enjoying the status of being Australias No1 sport and all the money that brings you'd expect them to easily dispose of a SL team. SL is perhaps the 5th or 6th choice sport in the UK and has to make the most of the meagre number of talented athletes that come their way. With no profile and no money it's testament to the British Bulldog spirit and the quality of UK youth coaching that a SL side ran an NRL side so close.

alright f**k knuckle, let's go

Rugby League Australia's #1 sport? no, I think not.. a highly competitive sport played at the highest level in the world but not the #1 sport in Australia

This NRL team that just beat one of your teams by a sneaky 1 try win, didn't even make the 8 last season, let me put that into finer detail for you, out of the 16 teams, they're in the bottom tier of teams going by last seasons rankings but were still able to beat on one of your teams, a team that competed in the finals last season no less

we're really seeing the british bulldog attitude on display here, you're nothing but a peasant, England has never been a threat in any sport over any amount of time, maybe the occasional run here and there but long-term your country has amounted to nothing in regards to sporting success and you know it, that's why it hurts

now, f**k off

kit66

Bench

tumblr_n08q5jbwma1r4sjw1o1_500.jpg

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Geez there are some wankers in here !
People who are pissed off the dragons will go better than they want them to !
How different is the Warrington team this year compared to last year ?
Fair chance they would be more settled, with virtually the same team as last year, with the same experienced coach, playing a game at home, in their conditions !
But it's still hard for some to give credit when the dragons fly in, in the off season, with a squad that is not settled yet with positions still up for grabs, with a coach who has just started coaching !
Fair dinkum !

Last edited:

Rodent

Bench
I can only imagine the scoreline if Warrington had to play Saints at WIN Stadium or Kogarah in 30* heat. It was an upset win by the Dragons. The odds I saw before the game had them $2.60 outsiders. Good effort but the centres look a weak point. Young Aitken should get a go there. He looks the goods to me.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
I can only imagine the scoreline if Warrington had to play Saints at WIN Stadium or Kogarah in 30* heat. It was an upset win by the Dragons. The odds I saw before the game had them $2.60 outsiders. Good effort but the centres look a weak point. Young Aitken should get a go there. He looks the goods to me.

+1

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Decent hit out for Warrington. Tho why you'd want a trial game 2 games into an already long season is beyond me. Any comparisons between the two leagues are ridiculous if you ask me. Having not won the comp in so long, if I were a wire fan I'd prefer some focus on the games that matter

Hutty1986

Immortal
Dragons are one of the favs for the spoon, hopefully the mighty Warrington derps are not one of the top SL sides. It would be a sad reflection of the quality over there.......

Your delusion: one of the spoon favourites.

Reality: Will finish above Parra comfortably and will challenge for a long awaited top 8 spot.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your delusion: one of the spoon favourites.

Reality: Will finish above Parra comfortably and will challenge for a long awaited top 8 spot.
We'll see Hutty, i think it will be long season for both of us. Can't see either of making the 8. Hayne is huge loss for us and i think your pack is pretty average. We will see i suppose mate.

gregstar

Referee
both sides may struggle initially to overcome the loss of both downie #1 & brayne drain respectively, but i sense a real chance of both sides meeting in the big one come june.

typicalfan

Coach
Decent hit out for Warrington. Tho why you'd want a trial game 2 games into an already long season is beyond me. Any comparisons between the two leagues are ridiculous if you ask me. Having not won the comp in so long, if I were a wire fan I'd prefer some focus on the games that matter

English sides take the game much more seriously than the Aussie sides do. To NRL fans the NRL is a higher standard regardless of the results. English sides play like they have a massive chip on their shoulder.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
English sides take the game much more seriously than the Aussie sides do. To NRL fans the NRL is a higher standard regardless of the results. English sides play like they have a massive chip on their shoulder.

Given it's the first time this game has ever been played, that's quite a premature assessment.

Latest posts