What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Huh?

The only times Sydney finals have got under 20k were when Roosters and Manly each hosted the Cowboys.

Melbourne have got two under 20k though.

undertaker

Coach
If this isn't a record crowd at 1300SMILES Stadium for the NQ Cowboys than WE WILL NEVER beat the current attendance record because there isn't a seat spare and the place is packedddddd from the hill to the seats.

The only thing missing was John 'The Real' McCoy calling the match.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Huh?

The only times Sydney finals have got under 20k were when Roosters and Manly each hosted the Cowboys.

Melbourne have got two under 20k though.

You continue to try and justify Canberra not being able to host week 3 finals as if Sydney has some magical ability to produce crowds for neutral teams as it did 20 years ago. Not only have we got Sydney sides drawing very low crowds like the examples you gave above, but the double header was a disaster crowd wise and I also remember a Manly v Cronulla finals match which barely got 20k.

If it had of been Canberra v North Qld next weekend, what would your crowd prediction have been? Personally I don't think it would have got over 15k and locked out thousands of Canberra fans unable to make the journey..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You continue to try and justify Canberra not being able to host week 3 finals as if Sydney has some magical ability to produce crowds for neutral teams as it did 20 years ago. Not only have we got Sydney sides drawing very low crowds like the examples you gave above, but the double header was a disaster crowd wise and I also remember a Manly v Cronulla finals match which barely got 20k.

If it had of been Canberra v North Qld next weekend, what would your crowd prediction have been? Personally I don't think it would have got over 15k and locked out thousands of Canberra fans unable to make the journey..
I stopped reading past the first line. You claimed that Sydney was some kind of disaster area for NRL crowds. I disproved that.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I stopped reading past the first line. You claimed that Sydney was some kind of disaster area for NRL crowds. I disproved that.

I do not understand how you can defend the Canberra (and Newcastle) situation in week 3 scenarios. if the next rule was games between Sydney and Queensland sides in week 3 must be played at Lang park to guarantee a crowd and therefore league revenue, imagine the whinging then. by comparison that is what canberra are being asked to do.

Arucard

Juniors
So what exactly are you people complaining about or disappointed with?

You say all the empty seats are a bad look for the game, yet then even when it looks packed on tv you worry about the exact numbers that come up.
If it looks packed like both games did this weekend, does it really matter if the exact figure is "disappointing" or not?

So what exactly are you people complaining about or disappointed with?

You say all the empty seats are a bad look for the game, yet then even when it looks packed on tv you worry about the exact numbers that come up.
If it looks packed like both games did this weekend, does it really matter if the exact figure is "disappointing" or not?

I assume that by 'you people' you mean those interested in crowds?

There's several possible answers to your question.

1. I'm a nerd and numbers are sexy.
2. Numbers are important to the sad little pissing competitions I like to engage in.
OR
3. I love rugby league and it's nice to be able to quantify the live exposure of the game.

In reality for most of us it's probably some combination of the 3.

Ya dig.

Canard

Immortal
So is there a chance the Storm will outdraw the Giants AFL preliminary final this Saturday?

Whats the capacity of that shoebox they(Giants) play in?

Raiderdave

First Grade
This is the same Raiders who wanted to host a prelim in Canberra?
Yes dickhead
in comparison to Sydney
who
couldn't half fill a 45K seat stadium with 2 Sydney sides playing
including a self anointed " big" Sydney club in the Bulldogs lol

Raiderdave

First Grade
Whole section behind the goal posts close to empty on TV.

But otherwise looked packed and loud.

looked great front on
like there wasn't an empty seat anywhere all the way around past the goal posts
but there were a few further around on the western side & in the Meninga Stand

still it looked bigger then 21500
I was sure it was 23000

the atmosphere was electric
huge
I think this weeks crowd was louder then last ...

Latest posts