What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 GF | PREMIERS - Sharks 14-12 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutty1986

Immortal
Storm will be good, they just don't play poorly in big games. But if Sharkies play like they did last week, they will have too many points in them.

Hawkins

Juniors
I think the storm have this one, either way Canberra will have lost to the eventual winners so at least I have that.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Couple of little nerdy facts.
Depsite being storm being premiers as recently as 4 years ago, and sharks being without a grandfinal appearance since 1997, both teams go into the grand final with the same number of players with grand final experience (6)
Storm have Chambers, Cronk, J.Bromwich, Smith, Proctor, Finucane.
Sharks have Barba, Maloney, Ennis, Prior, Lewis, Heighington.
Storm have the upper hand with 5 premiership winners to Sharks 4.

Storm have been adopted as Queensland's representative in the grand final, but Sharks have more players actually born in Queensland in their side, 5-4. Storms QLD born players are Munster, Cronk, Smith and Glasby while sharks Qld born players are Barba, Beale, Holmes, Lutele and Bukuya.

And finally sharks share a number of similarities with the Rabbitohs of 2014. Both had the weight of decades of failure. Both had the chance to win the minor premiership in the final round, but lost to the eventual minor premiers and finished 3rd. Both won and had a week of and faced the defending premiers in the preliminary final. After a ruthless and dominating game won in the forwards, in which the oppositions star player had an shocker ( SBW in 2014, Thurston in 2016) both had the game wrapped up by the 65th minute. In the 70ish minute both teams fans celebrated in their unique way, souths with a rendition of Botany Road, Sharks with the Ennis Clap. In the last 10 minutes both teams let their foot of their opponents throat and a let them have a few consolation tries. Had Thurston not rushed a pretty easy kick for goal in the final minutes both games would of finished 32-22.

azza29

Juniors
I'm usually a sucker for a fairytale winner, but Storm will have this one. Apart from giving away a couple of silly penalties their execution was flawless last night, no reason to expect any different come Sunday.

thorson1987

Coach
Probably the only team I would be somewhat ok with losing the Grand Final to.

Although I think we should just win.

Card Shark

Immortal
I think the storm have this one, either way Canberra will have lost to the eventual winners so at least I have that.

We beat you in the first week of the finals.

Remember that game where you were gunna shit on us but we f**ked your realistic premiership chances by beating you & forcing a trip to Melbourne week 3.

Disclaimer: sorry decent raiders fans who will be feeling the "what ifs" today but this dick invaded our forum being just that. Karma is a bitch!

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'm ok with either team winning, If Storm win we still get to LOL@Sharks for that barren trophy cabinet, and it's still Penrith 2 Cronulla 0 in the all time premierships score, but if Sharks do win then I'm happy for their long suffering fans, the non merkin ones at least, and I suppose I'd be happy for Luke Lewis too.

GongPanther

Referee
Cronulla's win on Friday was the most impressive of all the finals games.

They have convinced me no end that it is at last,their time.

And not only will they win it,they will win it in a canter,as the Storm will not handle a much younger,and fitter side.

Sharkies by 32-16.

P.S.The Sharks to defy logic by also winning the penalty count.

thorson1987

Coach
Couple of little nerdy facts.
Depsite being storm being premiers as recently as 4 years ago, and sharks being without a grandfinal appearance since 1997, both teams go into the grand final with the same number of players with grand final experience (6)
Storm have Chambers, Cronk, J.Bromwich, Smith, Proctor, Finucane.
Sharks have Barba, Maloney, Ennis, Prior, Lewis, Heighington.
Storm have the upper hand with 5 premiership winners to Sharks 4.

Storm have been adopted as Queensland's representative in the grand final, but Sharks have more players actually born in Queensland in their side, 5-4. Storms QLD born players are Munster, Cronk, Smith and Glasby while sharks Qld born players are Barba, Beale, Holmes, Lutele and Bukuya.

And finally sharks share a number of similarities with the Rabbitohs of 2014. Both had the weight of decades of failure. Both had the chance to win the minor premiership in the final round, but lost to the eventual minor premiers and finished 3rd. Both won and had a week of and faced the defending premiers in the preliminary final. After a ruthless and dominating game won in the forwards, in which the oppositions star player had an shocker ( SBW in 2014, Thurston in 2016) both had the game wrapped up by the 65th minute. In the 70ish minute both teams fans celebrated in their unique way, souths with a rendition of Botany Road, Sharks with the Ennis Clap. In the last 10 minutes both teams let their foot of their opponents throat and a let them have a few consolation tries. Had Thurston not rushed a pretty easy kick for goal in the final minutes both games would of finished 32-22.

We also have Hampton who is a QLDer

This will be a cracker...Sharks will target Blair and Chambers through Lewis and Fifita but I think Storm will have them in the middle of the park and the likes of Harris and Proctor will slow the Sharks forwards down to get dominance in the ruck.

Ennis can gob off as much as he wants...Smith will go about his business and Munster will feed off structured set plays to make the difference.

Don't be suprised if Sharks lead at half time and Storm run them down in the last 20.

Apey

Staff member
Sharks will win this if they don't get stage fright I reckon. At the top of their games, Sharks can win. Come on the up ups.