What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

kdalymc

Bench
Needs a comeback imo. Heritage jerseys for origin. Qld will rock that stupid 4 vertical stripe special.

Pommy

Coach
Has anyone made mention of the atrocity that is the NSW jersey this year? It's easily the worst NSW jersey since 1997.

Its god awful I just don't know who at NSW signed off on it. Im sure they must get a few designs presented to them and it beggars belief that was the best of them.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dogs have worn black in Canberra the last couple of years from memory. That or the mostly blue heritage jersey

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
It looks pretty neat

CjM4ClhVAAEZd_O.jpg

F*ck those chevrons are just overkill....

They clash with the sponsors box so badly. They should have just gone solid white below the blue V.

If they were really determined to have this fading V design, they should have had the solid green at the waist and faded up into white.

Oh well........

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm pretty sure it's the same design as last year's yellow away kit (which they supposedly still have?) just with green instead of yellow.

steggz

Juniors
Has anyone made mention of the atrocity that is the NSW jersey this year? It's easily the worst NSW jersey since 1997.

I've got a soft spot for the 1997 Origin jersey. Maybe because I was 11 at the time. But it is one of the jerseys on my wishlist

So Canberra is playing the Bulldogs so they wear a mostly white jersey with blue shorts.

OK it's a charity thing but ffs think about it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I dont know if it is just a material that reflects light differently to regular jerseys or if they used a slightly different ink, but i love the shade of white...

It just looks a little bit browned, like a cotton jersey and you just cant quite get the mud from the last game out. It might just be me, but i think it gives it more of a classic/classy look.

I hate, with a passion, NRL jumpers that use the pristine white; it looks cartoonish.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Good question actually.. 30 years wtf?

Maybe they are rounding down, so for the decade after 2020 they will be "40 years of Maroon"

Honestly though, just a "Since ...." is so much better. It never needs to change and it is a valid celebration every year.

Last edited:
Ever since the NSWRL introduced their logo onto the club jumpers, the state team also wore the logo as well as the NSW coat of arms. Qld have only ever had the Qld Origin logo, hence the room for the SOO logo.

Saint Doc

Coach
Ever since the NSWRL introduced their logo onto the club jumpers, the state team also wore the logo as well as the NSW coat of arms. Qld have only ever had the Qld Origin logo, hence the room for the SOO logo.

You would think Queensland would have put their Coat of Arms on too.
Or put their flag on the chest instead of on their abdomen