What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

myrrh ken

First Grade
To be fair, it wasn't a very forceful kick as there was more follow through than backswing. Still a merkin play that deserves at least week in the finals. I wonder if he will get even that though. Although you would think he has used up all his good NRL graces with the Normanby incident.

With their investments in Roberts (ie approving an unders contract) and Hayne giving negative returns, i wonder if the NRL are starting to sweat.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It wasnt much of a kick and if it had been dealt with on the field with a send off as it should have been (instead of the literal nothing it received ) then i wouldnt have cared if it didnt get a charge.

He got frustrated and lashed out. Should have been sent off but was a tap if that.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Good luck with that.

Wighton only got off because the judiciary dug a hole for itself and it's own argument supporting Ennis was used against them.

I really can't see what case they'd attempt to mount against charges of kicking a bloke on the ground.

Stranger things have happened. Hayne got away scot free with headbutting Slater after his defence argued that there was no "intent to injure". Hayne even admitted during the hearing that he deliberately headbutted him.

Lebbo73

Bench
It wasnt much of a kick and if it had been dealt with on the field with a send off as it should have been (instead of the literal nothing it received ) then i wouldnt have cared if it didnt get a charge.

He got frustrated and lashed out. Should have been sent off but was a tap if that.
A send off for a love tap :rolleyes:

seanoff

Juniors
a send off!!!! LOL

You could run out with a sniper rifle, execute 2 or 3 guys opposite you and you MIGHT be put on report with a penalty.

At this point anything short of a nuclear strike will be on report.

Danish

Referee
Kicking is or was an automatic send off offence. That said, tripping was once upon a time as well and now it's pretty much a free for all so who knows.

Kicking, tripping, head butting, etc are all still 100% send offs in rugby league..... Just not in NRL.

Honestly you could throw any park footy ref in an NRL game and it would be a breath of fresh air

Shorty

Staff member
Yep.
I highly doubt he's getting a week off.
I think I prefer him playing anyway, obviously an explosive player but his defence is suspect.

chigurh

I'll be amazed if he gets off. It's a penalty worthy offence, and not something you should miss a game for, but given how much talk there has been publicly of the divide between the MRC and the judiciary I don't like his chances.

GongPanther

Referee
Q/ What part of the foot does one kick the ball with?

A/ The same part of the foot which Roberts used to kick that player.

Someguy

First Grade
I think he gets off, probably something along the lines of it was a clear kicking offence but not guilty of what he has been charged with

Latest posts