What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

Thank you. Well that clearly shows Ennis is in the clear based on the proposed criteria.

Looking at the different stills of Wighton is less clear... he seems to have his arm out just prior to the point of contact, but tucks it in as a protective measure. I guess much of the defence will come down to point of contact.

The_Shield

Juniors

That photo is absolutely bullsh!t. Blair was already passed Ennis when he hit Green. But you can see in that picture that Blair is in front of him. That is not the moment of impact. There is another picture out there that shows Ennis with his arm tucked in

That photo is absolutely bullsh!t. Blair was already passed Ennis when he hit Green. But you can see in that picture that Blair is in front of him. That is not the moment of impact. There is another picture out there that shows Ennis with his arm tucked in

Yessssss... the photo showing Ennis' shoulder making impact is CLEARLY not the moment of impact.

AJB1102

First Grade
LOL because I don't buy into conspiracy theory bullshit I'm an apologist. f**k off

I don't buy conspiracy theories either, but its plain as day they've got no f**king idea and do a terrible job at most things. Its age old; RL is the best sport with the worst administration.

You must have 2 stomachs to cope with the amount of NRL cock you swallow.

nick87

Coach
The NRL could recreate the f**king third reich and Tim Tam would defend them. It's a pathetic display for sure and certain, you can only hope it's all part of some elaborate plan to worm his way into their payroll.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
F3d41jj.jpg

Rosetta

Juniors

Starting to look more and more like this was a manufactured story from NRL to control the media narrative and take it away from the aerial ping-pong that's on in Sydney this weekend. Back pages like this are perfect, don't be surprised if they try and push the judiciary hearing back a day or two to stretch it out further.

The elbow is clearly not tucked in on contact, it's clear as day right there.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Anyone who accepts that photo of Ennis as proof is just thick.
Maybe they would be interested in buying my bridge?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Starting to look more and more like this was a manufactured story from NRL to control the media narrative and take it away from the aerial ping-pong that's on in Sydney this weekend. Back pages like this are perfect, don't be surprised if they try and push the judiciary hearing back a day or two to stretch it out further.

The elbow is clearly not tucked in on contact, it's clear as day right there.

Either that, or they're going to be serious pissed off that the Telegraph is playing judiciary on their behalf

no name

Coach
Yeah, I've got a feeling Wighton will be found guilty as a bit of a f**k you to the Tele's 'moral crusade'.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Ive accepted that he will probably be found guilty. Even if he gets a downgrade that is still two weeks.

How anyone can look at that tackle and think it deserves 2 weeks i do not know. It was clumsy. Wighton over run edwards but it wasnt high or late. Edwards knew contact was coming so he could brace for it.

If he had wacked him around the chops and broke his jaw he would have got a lower base loading

Its been years since the dean young moral panic. Its time to reduce the loading on shoulder charges.

carcharias

Immortal
I hate the rule but if that's not what they mean by a shoulder charge then I'm not here.

He should be suspended for stupidity .
So much on the line and he did that.
He is so dumb he should be playing for my team.

Last edited: