What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Membership Discussion

Cockosh

Juniors
Not great numbers, you mean garbage numbers for a team that's been in the top 4 the last few seasons.

Souths have a lot of members who can't make it to games but they still commit to the club which is very important. We do have a lot of interstate members. That's the way it is.

In fact Souths are a global brand. We have quite a few international members. The club has been great at promoting wide and far.

A Roosters supporter thinks if I can't get to games I won't join at all. That's not good enough.

Your numbers realistic, Geez I have nearly fallen off the lounge. Your numbers are ashamable for memberships.

Yeah they're consistent, ie consistently bad:lol:

So what you are saying is that souffs have very few Sydney fans and that's why your attendance vs membership is so low. Perhaps they should relocate to where they have greater fans, this way you can have strong attendance and member numbers.

I think the reason Easts, dogs and manly have less members than souffs is because we need to also consider the cost of Grand Final tix. Not something souffs fans need to typically concern themselves with.

Pommy

Coach
So what you are saying is that souffs have very few Sydney fans and that's why your attendance vs membership is so low. Perhaps they should relocate to where they have greater fans, this way you can have strong attendance and member numbers.

I think the reason Easts, dogs and manly have less members than souffs is because we need to also consider the cost of Grand Final tix. Not something souffs fans need to typically concern themselves with.

Bit of a daft thing to say to a Wests fan about the club that has won more premierships than any other team.

Pommy

Coach
The numbers are embarrassing. Disgusting is another word that comes to mind. Lack of passion from fans too not wanting to commit.

Currently you guys at 6,718.

That's just unacceptable. There is a big job for you guys to get that to a respectable figure

Lol@Rorters

As for the Tigers 4,445 well that's shocking too. Just unacceptable but not surprising.

About as embarrassing as having 200k car stickers in a city and getting an average attendance of 16k.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
About as embarrassing as having 200k car stickers in a city and getting an average attendance of 16k.

What good would a bumper sticker be for the average souffser?

They could put it on the back of the bus I suppose....

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Disgusting is souffs being only able to convert 40% of it so called members to attend matches. Something is horribly wrong there. When you also consider that fans from other clubs also attend those same home games that percentage is even less. All your hollow excuses about interstate members etc simply don't wash.

so do you believe that most souths members have ticketed memberships, but don't go to the games? or do you believe a lot of souths members have non-ticketed memberships?

Rabbits20

Immortal
so do you believe that most souths members have ticketed memberships, but don't go to the games? or do you believe a lot of souths members have non-ticketed memberships?

Alien I'm not bothering with these trolls. Pommy is a troll too. He joins in with the others to look good!!!!!

They don't like truth.

Remember alien:

When Speaking of the Champions One Stands Above The Rest.

We Are The Pride of the League!!!!!

Glory Glory.

Cockosh

Juniors

I believe souffs do membership better than any other club. I also believe their numbers are exaggerated. Just my opinion.

A bit like Rabbits20 exaggerated critique of Easts numbers given there is still more than 2 months till season kicks off.

Cockosh

Juniors
Alien I'm not bothering with these trolls. Pommy is a troll too. He joins in with the others to look good!!!!!

They don't like truth.

Remember alien:

Glory Glory.

So my responding to your post makes me a troll?

Pommy

Coach

They don't like truth.

Remember alien:

Glory Glory Hunting in Aliens case.

I don't side with anyone to look good (why would I with a group of people I won't ever meet) its just that you (R20/Alien) talk a load of twaddle on here.

alien

Referee
I assume this was probably posted previously but a timely reminder of souffs fudging compared to other clubs
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...ke-mockery-of-memberships-20130307-2fohp.html

The Rabbitohs insist their 173-pet memberships are not counted in their official figures

A Rabbitohs spokesman explains: ''There is no fudging of membership numbers between the announced total in 2012 as 22,154 and the Member Co number in the Annual Report of 16,025.

''The Member Company is the entity which holds the 'golden share', which controls the name, colours, jersey, team song and home ground of the club. It is also the entity to which voting rights are held, hence the requirement to be over 18. No one under the age of 18 is included in this number, hence the difference between the two numbers.''

Latest posts