What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Membership Discussion

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths leading the way again. Any club that can't get 15k members needs a rocket up the backside.

Yet on LU so many give Souths shit re our membership numbers. They give Souths shit re anything to do with Souths.

I actually think they're just jealous that their club isn't as professional in looking after members.

Someone on here a Roosters supporter said something along the lines that they have to order their cap. Why is that??????

I got my membership pack in November last year from Souths for this season and it included the member cap too.

Cockosh

Juniors
Yet on LU so many give Souths shit re our membership numbers. They give Souths shit re anything to do with Souths.

I actually think they're just jealous that their club isn't as professional in looking after members.

Someone on here a Roosters supporter said something along the lines that they have to order their cap. Why is that??????

I got my membership pack in November last year from Souths for this season and it included the member cap too.

You will find that most people bag your team in response to your exaggerated criticism of theirs or arrogance when discussing your own. People are as protective of their clubs as you are of yours. As an Easts fans I don't like souffs but I on several occasions here stated that souffs do membership better than most. I have also bagged my own club for their shortcomings particularly with membership. That is the difference between you and most supporters from other teams. You said Easts numbers are disgusting yet we have fewer unsigned members from 2015 than souffs.

Ps I was the one annoyed about having to buy a cap. It's poor from the club. I bought it anyway. Still looks better than anything in green and red :D

TheDalek079

Bench
Ps I was the one annoyed about having to buy a cap. It's poor from the club. I bought it anyway. Still looks better than anything in green and red :D

Hello fellow Easts fan,

What about having no hat makes the member kit so annoying? I see that it's like a tradition - each year we get a new cap and i can see that it would be cool walking around with the correct year on the hat. But with hats every year you soon build up a large collection. I've got a few non-member hats, and have been getting membership since 2008 so now i've got lots of hats, so no hat this year doesn't really concern me. I'm quite partial to the nice white one from 2012, and last year's one still looks good (i liked 2014's too but i misplaced it :( )

Cockosh

Juniors
Hello fellow Easts fan,

What about having no hat makes the member kit so annoying? I see that it's like a tradition - each year we get a new cap and i can see that it would be cool walking around with the correct year on the hat. But with hats every year you soon build up a large collection. I've got a few non-member hats, and have been getting membership since 2008 so now i've got lots of hats, so no hat this year doesn't really concern me. I'm quite partial to the nice white one from 2012, and last year's one still looks good (i liked 2014's too but i misplaced it :( )

Pretty much as you described. Annoyed is probably an exaggeration. I buy the membership mainly for the seats and priority for semis etc but do enjoy getting the new cap. You are right about the collection especially when I get one for my son as well. I actually buy most of the non member caps they release as well. Funny thing is I don't wear them much outside of game day. Must have a hat fetish.

I'm personally happy to fork out for most things as I enjoy it but I think in an environment where we they are trying to grow support they should be giving existing and potential fans some value for money. It's petty but just how it is. You need to give people as many reasons as possible to commit and engage. I actually think they should give members discounted parking at Allianz although I understand the SCG Trust control that. It's insulting having to pay $25 to park in that cow paddock and then sit there for an hour to get out.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Is that a bad thing? Non ticketed members are great for a clubs bottom line. If they're ticketed memberships are as low as you suggest that means a lot of people are paying to come see the game every week without a ticketed membership. Seems like a good thing for souths.

I want to see attendances increase but non ticketed membership are important as well.

Not a bad thing. Souths fans are clearly proud of their club at a member level, however not as an attendee. This to me is a shame. I would love to see the breakdown of every clubs membership per package, it would be pretty interesting.

alien

Referee

yeah some clubs get different things in their membership packs.

alien

Referee
Not a bad thing. Souths fans are clearly proud of their club at a member level, however not as an attendee.

the attendance is pretty good though. over the last 4 years, it's the second highest out of the sydney clubs. it's only a fraction behind the bulldogs

Cockosh

Juniors
lol, they'll sign! it's only the start of jan!

Exactly! My sarcasm is in response to Rabbits20 for saying Easts numbers are disgusting before it was even 2016.

No clubs numbers should be judged till at least the start of the season.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You will find that most people bag your team in response to your exaggerated criticism of theirs or arrogance when discussing your own. People are as protective of their clubs as you are of yours. As an Easts fans I don't like souffs but I on several occasions here stated that souffs do membership better than most. I have also bagged my own club for their shortcomings particularly with membership. That is the difference between you and most supporters from other teams. You said Easts numbers are disgusting yet we have fewer unsigned members from 2015 than souffs.

If your member numbers start getting higher then I'll give the Roosters credit.

carcharias

Immortal
Souths leading the way again. Any club that can't get 15k members needs a rocket up the backside.

More utter horse shit from you

What would you suggest clubs do to increase memberships?
What is this magical rocket you dream of?

Billythekid

First Grade
Not a bad thing. Souths fans are clearly proud of their club at a member level, however not as an attendee. This to me is a shame. I would love to see the breakdown of every clubs membership per package, it would be pretty interesting.

This would be a fair criticism if their crowds were bad. Right now they're one of the top clubs so I don't really see the problem. If anything having a lot of non ticketed members and relatively high crowds seems like a really good thing in terms of revenue for the club.

Also I don't think having a huge gap between memberships and attendance is automatically a bad thing. As an extreme example what if they had 500K non ticketed members and averaged crowds of 40K a week? Would that be a bad thing?

In general it seems as though souths cop the most flak despite doing far better than most Sydney clubs in terms of members and crowds. I enjoy a good lol@souffs as much as anyone but I don't think that is the reason for the complaining.

Perth Red

Post Whore
More utter horse shit from you

What would you suggest clubs do to increase memberships?
What is this magical rocket you dream of?

I dont know, maybe generate a fanbase? or maybe engage better with the supposed 250-500k fans I keep hearing each club has? Radical I know for a sports club that claims to be a top tier sport!

How about withholding some of the annual $1.5million hand out they just got until they meet KPI's such as increasing members? Other clubs and other sports seem to manage 15K plus memberships, why cant some NRL clubs? Some of the numbers are pathetic and are at Aleague or Super15 level.

Maybe sharks can offer a free membership with every apartment bought lol.

Eion

First Grade
Haha, every apartment sold is yet more financial security and represents another tear down the despairing face of a death riding dead shit pommie in Perth.

carcharias

Immortal
I dont know, maybe generate a fanbase? or maybe engage better with the supposed 250-500k fans I keep hearing each club has? Radical I know for a sports club that claims to be a top tier sport!

How about withholding some of the annual $1.5million hand out they just got until they meet KPI's such as increasing members? Other clubs and other sports seem to manage 15K plus memberships, why cant some NRL clubs? Some of the numbers are pathetic and are at Aleague or Super15 level.

Maybe sharks can offer a free membership with every apartment bought lol.

250k -500k???
Where on earth have you heard an NRL claim those figures ?
I'm a life member of the leagues club and a season ticket holder and have never heard any such nonsense .
So so full of bullshit you are,

You actually wouldn't have a clue.

Pommy

Coach
This would be a fair criticism if their crowds were bad. Right now they're one of the top clubs so I don't really see the problem. If anything having a lot of non ticketed members and relatively high crowds seems like a really good thing in terms of revenue for the club.

Also I don't think having a huge gap between memberships and attendance is automatically a bad thing. As an extreme example what if they had 500K non ticketed members and averaged crowds of 40K a week? Would that be a bad thing?

In general it seems as though souths cop the most flak despite doing far better than most Sydney clubs in terms of members and crowds. I enjoy a good lol@souffs as much as anyone but I don't think that is the reason for the complaining.

As a Souths fan I think a membership of 35,000 but average attendance of 16,000 is pretty poor. But I will go to every NSW/ACT game I can realistically go to.
It feels to me Souths are the Man U of The NRL a small dedicated number of fans but millions of hangers on who couldn't tell you the name of five players. That's my view of the situation anyway.

Latest posts