What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Membership Discussion

In regards to Easts, how many would have scg/SFS memberships that give them access to swans, roosters and waratah games and not solely be Easts members not counted in club ticket?

Quite a few I'd say.

innsaneink

Referee
After 8 seasons of memberships Ive had enough, Ive had enough of the NRL and the inconsistencies in the game, Ive had enough of the circus that is my club over this off season.
Not surprised at WTs figures, I havent heard a word from their membership dept.
I'll attend the occasional game, will watch most WTs on TV

papabear

Juniors
On 10th February last year we had 9826 and finished with nearly 16,000.

We are only 1000 odd behind last year but given all the dramas and loss of players I think we will do well to hit 13,000. Our fair weather fans had a good run.

For true fans form shouldn't come into it. On that basis Penrith should have as many if not more than us given their population and junior base.

considering you just came off three minor premierships.

and add the fact that the kids who were 6 or 7 when freddy had his run at the roosters would now be 18-19-20, getting the the age where you can buy a membership and attend games.

its sad. Given penrith has had no success except that one premiership win against easts ironically.

Honestly, its battle to figure out whom success is wasted more manly or the roosters?

Cockosh

Juniors

and add the fact that the kids who were 6 or 7 when freddy had his run at the roosters would now be 18-19-20, getting the the age where you can buy a membership and attend games.

its sad. Given penrith has had no success except that one premiership win against easts ironically.

Honestly, its battle to figure out whom success is wasted more manly or the roosters?

I wasn't mounting a defence. The numbers are terrible. Just making the point that we weren't that much ahead at the same time last year despite all the off field crap this preseason. I actually don't think the club could care less about growing membership. Nothing suggests they are. They couldn't be bothered updating numbers. If I didn't know better I'd say they are inept but we are an otherwise extremely well managed club. I don't think it's a priority for them.

My point about Penrith is that success aside they should be bigger than us given population and larger junior base. Eels have been starved of success also but have one of the best membership numbers. That's how it should be.

Some clubs just do it better than others or prioritise it.

rooster25

Juniors
You must have changed your contact details as I was getting SMS requests, emails and phone calls almost daily at one point

I renewed with a 4 game membership pass

The no auto renewal must have really destroyed our member numbers. Not a smart time to do that with Maloney & RTS and now Jennings joining and Pearce most likely to join them

I doubt we'll convert any new members with the backline they have now

It's all gone to shit rather quickly at Easts

I might upgrade to a Bronze membership so I can spend a little more time beating myself up and wondering why I bother.

No mate I haven't changed any details yet the club has not contacted me, besides email, for renewing for myself and my daughter who I renew every year too. Strange as we need all the members we can get with how fans are so unhappy after this off season of losing players and off field dramas.

rooster25

Juniors

The Roostes have not grabbed the opportunity to gain new members in this great 3 year period we just had and that is down to the fact the club invests heavily in the on field area and less in the off field area.

In this great period we have had crowd averages up to 20k and had 17k members last year so the support is there and it has been successful off the field whilst not even pushing the boundaries further..however the club should be striving to be much bigger.

I really believe Easts need a big time CEO to turn the on field success into the off field success the club needs and deserves.

I work all around Sydney and the kids/families wearing Roosters gear is at an all time high so the club really needs to capitalise on its success. The Eastern Subs will always love them but many are already members of Allianz stadium so are not counted as members.The club needs to broaden its membership with fans all over Sydney. Souths do this very well.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The Roostes have not grabbed the opportunity to gain new members in this great 3 year period we just had and that is down to the fact the club invests heavily in the on field area and less in the off field area.

In this great period we have had crowd averages up to 20k and had 17k members last year so the support is there and it has been successful off the field whilst not even pushing the boundaries further..however the club should be striving to be much bigger.

I really believe Easts need a big time CEO to turn the on field success into the off field success the club needs and deserves.

I work all around Sydney and the kids/families wearing Roosters gear is at an all time high so the club really needs to capitalise on its success. The Eastern Subs will always love them but many are already members of Allianz stadium so are not counted as members.The club needs to broaden its membership with fans all over Sydney. Souths do this very well.

Would we have nore fans out west than in the eastern sububs? If we did a southd and played at homebush i wonder what our crowds would look like?

BlueandGold

Juniors
[FONT=&quot]NRL Members 2016[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broncos: 21,124[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Souths: 28,544[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eels: 15,899[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Canterbury: 15,702[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Panthers: 10,064[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dragons: 13,484[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Newcastle: 9215[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cowboys: 13,842 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roosters: 8269[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Storm: 12,186[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Manly: 9982[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warriors: 8282[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sharks: 8870[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]West Tigers: 5000[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Raiders: 6017[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Titans: 4859[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11/02/16 TOTAL = 191,339[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

H.H

Juniors
Would we have nore fans out west than in the eastern sububs? If we did a southd and played at homebush i wonder what our crowds would look like?

I wouldn't think so, but demographically our fan base would be more widespread across Sydney than any other I reckon.

I still spend a bit of time in the Eastern Suburbs and anecdotally, there is still good support there.

betcats

Referee
[FONT=&quot]NRL Members 2016[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broncos: 21,124[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Souths: 28,544[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eels: 15,899[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Canterbury: 15,702[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Panthers: 10,064[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dragons: 13,484[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Newcastle: 9215[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cowboys: 13,842 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roosters: 8269[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Storm: 12,186[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Manly: 9982[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warriors: 8282[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sharks: 8870[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]West Tigers: 5000[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Raiders: 6017[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Titans: 4859[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]11/02/16 TOTAL = 191,339[/FONT]

I am impressed with that number from Penrith after a poor season, well done.