What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 NFL draft thread

shiznit

Coach
Finnaly had a little time to go over some of this draft class...

Looking at the Raiders options at 14... I think free agency has certainly opened up some options for us.

Obviously Corner/Safety will need to be addressed.... But I think at 14 we are in an awkward spot where the top corners like Ramsey, Hargrieves & Alexander will be off the board... And it's probably too much of a reach to draft Apple or a safety at 14.

I'd say they may grab Eziekiel Elliot if he falls to 14... But I don't think it's likely....

I'm thinking a tackle like Conklin would be a nice addition to our line because he could come in and take that RT spot... Which is probably the only weak spot in our line.

Although I wonder if Reggie and co were hoping Spriggs would be available in the 2nd round. But he's climbing the boards pretty fast.

DT is always an option as the class is so deep... But I keep hearing noises that we might trade two 2nds to the Jets for Wilkerson.

I'm also interested in what they do with the Mike... We need one badly... They may address it in FA still... But I'm interested if they will look to address it early in the draft...

Options, options for the Raiders it seems...

shiznit

Coach
What's everyone's thoughts on the DB class??

It's a big need for the Raiders so I've been going over them...

Looking at the class and seeing the Raiders at 14th... I'd love to see us trade down to the mid 20's to take Karl Joseph or Eli Apple... And maybe Von Bell if he's available in the 2nd.

I love that Joseph kid... An absolute killer in the secondary... I think he has Raider written all over him...

nick87

Coach
I really, REALLY like Hargraves.
I know the Eagles are likely going OT with Stanley or QB if one of those guys falls, but man i want Hargraves.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
DB class sort of reminds me of this years QB class in the sense that outside of the top couple there's a lot of value to be had if you're prepared to be patient and there are guys who could easily be looked back on in 2-3 seasons time as the pick of the bunch with a couple of seasons development.

There aren't many guys who you will grab and they'll dominate from the start, but definitely value if you get a guy you're willing to develop and fits what you want on D.

The big issue is that in a pass happy league young guys often get thrown to the wolves and no doubt some guys will be picked and thrown in before they're really ready. A few of them will go in the first, but teams looking for short term fixes will probably be disappointed.

Guys like James Bradberry, Deiondre Hall, Zack Sanchez, Sean Davis could all be very effective from the 3rd/4th round with some time to develop and learn.

Tom155

Coach
I think they both have their fair share of talent, but I think the safety class is deeper.

Love Joseph & William Jackson, but the guy im a huge fan of that doesn't get enough hype is Keanu Neal from Florida, absolute monster hits like a truck and can run & cover as well, would not surprise if he goes in round 1.

shiznit

Coach
I heard a very interesting take on what the Raiders should do if the Browns, Cowboys & Niners all pass on Jared Goff and he falls to us at #14.

They say pick him at #14 and trade him to the Jets for Mo Wilkerson and some picks....

I don't think he will drop that far... But if he did its a bloody interesting idea... Considering how valuable the QB market is... And teams like the Jets, Cards & Broncos might be tempted to offer something for a player they never would have dreamed would be available to them in the draft.

shiznit

Coach
Interesting... will they pass up on Ezekiel Elliot or Vernon Hargrives for a QB when they already have Bradford on pretty big money?

zombie jesus

Staff member
Got my copy of Matt Waldman's Rookie Scouting Portfolio. 1500 pages on all the offensive skill players worth thinking of.

zombie jesus

Staff member
This thread has been quiet, the usual draftniks must be busy.

If you're lucky I'll release my first mock tomorrow, minutes of YouTube scouting and a flimsy hold on each teams needs go into this, the only prediction you'll need to read.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
This thread has been quiet, the usual draftniks must be busy.

If you're lucky I'll release my first mock tomorrow, minutes of YouTube scouting and a flimsy hold on each teams needs go into this, the only prediction you'll need to read.

I'm too consumed by the rush of 9ers free agency activity to turn my attention fully towards the draft yet.

zombie jesus

Staff member
1. Tennessee (3-13) - Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
2. Cleveland (3-13) – Jared Goff, QB, California
3. San Diego (4-12) – DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
4. Dallas (4-12) – Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
5. Jacksonville (5-11) – Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
6. Baltimore (5-11) – Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
7. San Francisco (5-11) – Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
8. Philadelphia (7-9) – Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State
9. Tampa Bay (6-10) – Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
10. New York Giants (6-10) – Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
11. Chicago (6-10) – Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
12. New Orleans (7-9) – Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
13. Miami (5-11) – Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
14. Oakland (7-9) – William Jackson III, CB, Houston
15. St. Louis (7-9) – Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
16. Detroit (7-9) – Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
17. Atlanta (8-8) – Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
18. Indianapolis (8-8) – Cody Whitehair, G,
19. Buffalo (8-8) – Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
20. New York Jets (10-6) - Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
21. Washington (9-7) – Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama
22. Houston (9-7) – Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
23. Minnesota (11-5) – Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
24. Cincinnati (12-4) – Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
25. Pittsburgh (10-6) – Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
26. Seattle (10-6) – Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
27. Green Bay (10-6) – Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
28. Kansas City (11-5) – Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
29. New England (12-4) - - - - - - - - - - - - -
30. Arizona (13-3) – Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky
31. Carolina (15-1) – Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
32. Denver (12-4) - Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss

nick87

Coach
Interesting... will they pass up on Ezekiel Elliot or Vernon Hargrives for a QB when they already have Bradford on pretty big money?

I think so, yes.
The Eagles arent interested in an immediate rebuild.
And they could always eat the salary, and flip Bradford for half an apple and conditional 6th round pick or something.

I doubt either of those guys make it to Philly, but if they do, i think we'll pill the trigger

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
What's everyone's thoughts on where Jaylon Smith will go? Potential to be one of the best players in the class. I think he could go first round. I have a hard time believing he will fall to late day 2 or even 3.

DC_fan

Coach
What's everyone's thoughts on where Jaylon Smith will go? Potential to be one of the best players in the class. I think he could go first round. I have a hard time believing he will fall to late day 2 or even 3.

His knee injury has probably knocked him out of the 1st round, maybe even out of the 2nd also. Though I suspect some team will take a chance on him.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Smith will have his medical re-check in the next few days, you'll get a better idea of his draft status after that.

shiznit

Coach
I'm thinking he goes in the 3rd.... Or maybe late 2nd.

I think it really depends on the team that's looking at him... if your in a position where you need contributors straight away.... Then your probably not going to use a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd...

But if you don't have any pressing needs that need to be sorted then maybe you use a 2nd on the kid and hope he pans out....

As a Raiders fan I wouldn't even mind trading out of the first for a package that includes multiple 2's in it... So I can pick him up in the 2nd along with a safety...

Last edited:

Latest posts