What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 season - draw release

no name

Referee
Rig it? No, perhaps they should consider making it at least fair? An even playing field?

The Broncs get Penrith, the Warriors and Cowboys (both at Suncorp) and Parra at Pirtek in the first 4 rounds of next year. That's two top 4 contenders, one top 8 contender and Parra, while the Titans get 2 fellow bottom 4 teams, alongside Canberra and Melbourne in the same stretch.

Oh yeah, that's balanced...

This post either confirms your troll status or that you have nfi.
Hopefully, for your sake, it's the former.

Lambretta

First Grade
Never gonna happen. TV demands a 4-night schedule each round.

RE: your ideal schedule before I also can't agree. There is no ideal scenario that involves concurrent Friday night games where one is shown on delay. Not acceptable in the live sport era.

Oh get f**ked. Why should people who can't keep their sorry f**king ppws off their phones take precedence over fans?

Because games cant possibly overlap or be played at the same time supporters have to put up with 6pm kick offs or Monday night games

Its an utter disgrace

There is nothing wrong with games going live on FTA in the main markets while other games go live at the same time on a different channel btw

Why cant we put the supporters before people checking scores on their phones?

some11

Referee
"All games at home through the first 20 rounds are night fixtures"

[youtube]3KVyRqloGmk[/youtube]

Tommy Smith

Referee
Wow, our draw is BRUTAL.

Seven 5-day turnarounds and we play all the best teams twice.

The Raiders draw however almost seems rigged it's that soft.

Oh well, at least as a Roosters fan we'll have a lot of blockbuster matches.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We play the Tigers, Kinights and Titans twice.
Play the Cows, Broncs, Roosters, Bunnies and Storm only once and the round we play the Cows is before Origin 3.

Don's letter really did work haha

How do the raiders only play the top 4 from 2015 once? I thought it went in pools from where teams finished?

I haven't looked at who the Tigers play twice etc. Believe it or not our record against top 8 teams was better than against bottom 8 teams in 2015.

natheel

Coach
Rig it? No, perhaps they should consider making it at least fair? An even playing field?

The Broncs get Penrith, the Warriors and Cowboys (both at Suncorp) and Parra at Pirtek in the first 4 rounds of next year. That's two top 4 contenders, one top 8 contender and Parra, while the Titans get 2 fellow bottom 4 teams, alongside Canberra and Melbourne in the same stretch.

Oh yeah, that's balanced...

And I hope we flog ya and Milford is out for 10 weeks after. We are a good chance for the 8 next year.

Valheru

Coach
Wow, our draw is BRUTAL.

That is juat bemusing considering that was one of the keys issues the NRL was trying to eradicate.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
How do the raiders only play the top 4 from 2015 once? I thought it went in pools from where teams finished?

I haven't looked at who the Tigers play twice etc. Believe it or not our record against top 8 teams was better than against bottom 8 teams in 2015.

Negated by the fact they're coached by a dunce. They had a plum draw at the back end of this season too and completely shat the bed. High chance they'll do it again.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wow, our draw is BRUTAL.

Souths have a tough draw too.

Souths play twice:

Roosters
Broncos
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Manly
Dragons

Souths play Warriors once away

Souths play Storm once away

Souths play Penrith once away

Between Rounds 4-8 Souths play:

Bulldogs (Good Friday home match)
Manly (Brookvale on Thurs Night)
Roosters (ANZ Fri Night)
Cowboys (1300 smiles Fri Night)
Broncos (Suncorp Fri Night)

I'm looking forward to it though.

nick87

Coach
Raiders definitely got a nice draw, really no excuses given the talent in the sqaud now and that draw. We have to be playing finals footy this year, if not Stuart's gotta go.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Dragons have :
Melbourne away
Sharks away
Souths at scg
Penrith at Wollongong
Cowboys away
Broncos away
Titans away
Roosters at sfs
Warriors away

Don't think the Broncos have anything to be upset about

Souths have:

Roosters away
Knights home
Dragons away
Bulldogs home
Manly away
Roosters home
Cowboys away
Broncos away

That's a tough first 8 rounds!!!

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Lol weve got one if the softest draws I've ever seen. We should be looking at top 4 or its time to pack it in forever.

nick87

Coach
Lol weve got one if the softest draws I've ever seen. We should be looking at top 4 or its time to pack it in forever.

I agree,
i guess the only caveat id put on that is it's always a bit silly to be looking at teams in Nov trying to figure out who's got a good or bad draw based on who you're playing.
We've got no idea who's going to be hot, cold, in rep teams or hurt at any point of the year. 12 months ago teams would have been eying off the Dragons and Sharks saying "that's a win" and looking at the Panthers saying "oh, that's a tough one"... Doesnt always pan out that way

but yeah, based on what we know now and what we should expect, Raiders draw sets them up for a real good season