What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The fans want suburban grounds...on a Sunday arvo...in the sunshine...when their team is winning...against a local rival...when the breeze has eased off...as long as the kids don't have something on...have to make sure the in laws aren't coming in town...and the NRL has to do heaps of promotion...plus we need a free bus ticket...f**k it lets just stay home.

Emu01

Juniors
Rained the last three days in Townsville and the crowd looks solid!

not the same at all buddy. It hasn't stopped raining all week and all day today it was pouring rain right up until kick off.

I went and sat on the hill in the rain it was terrible conditions. The grass was wet I don't blame anyone for not going..

Townsville is 100 times better weather conditions.. Unless you are in Sydney you shouldn't comment.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
not the same at all buddy. It hasn't stopped raining all week and all day today it was pouring rain right up until kick off.

I went and sat on the hill in the rain it was terrible conditions. The grass was wet I don't blame anyone for not going..

Townsville is 100 times better weather conditions.. Unless you are in Sydney you shouldn't comment.

Sorry for triggering you!

Presuming you have a timeshare between Townsville and Sydney? Both locations had rain, Sydneys worse, yesterday in particular. Rain is rain. You should also note that I didn't even mention the woeful Sydney crowds in my first post - you clown!

Emu01

Juniors
But how much rain did they have on game day? Leading into the game when you make your final decision to sit in the rain or stay at home.. I bet not any mate so not a good comparison at all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth you can't be harsh on these crowds considering the weather in Sydney.

I live near Kogarah oval and it was deadset like a monsoon today the rain only stopped just before kickoff and it has rained every day this week.

You can't expect families to sit on wet grass mate. The under cover seats were all full.. So shut up please and save your disgust for when it's legitimate.

If the grounds aren't fit for soft rl fans then fix the grounds. It's a winter sport, it rains in winter. Put some fricking roofs on the stands!

Raiderdave

First Grade
Stood in the rain at Belmore last night, the kids will talk about it for years. If you're not prepared to cop a bit of weather, I think netball is played at indoor stadiums.
30 years ago yr point would be valid

this day an age you don't need to get pissed on
in 1987 there was about 3 out of 7 games covered on TV ... if your team wasn't on TV
you thought about putting up with weather no matter how bad in some instances to see them play because it was the only way you'd see them play !!
not now
you can see them play on TV .. all 8 games live on HD
if its raining
you dont get wet

you might consider going to a ground if you have cover

but to stand on a grassed hill in the rain ??
get f**ked
its 2017
not 1987 ...

Last edited:
The weather excuse is valid, but only to a point. The aggregate at the 3 suburban venues was very low however you spin it.

Dragons and Bulldogs crowds were likely influenced by their fanbases rejections of current club operations. Still, very very poor.

POPEYE

Coach
If I took my missus to any game she'd spend the night on oxygen in emergency . . . smoke is not asthma friendly

TIGER14

Bench
Last night at ANZ was a Souths home game.
It had to have been at least 70% Tigers fans.
The Burrow was almost empty.

What is it with Souths fans and turning up to games?

Pommy

Coach
Last night at ANZ was a Souths home game.
It had to have been at least 70% Tigers fans.
The Burrow was almost empty.

What is it with Souths fans and turning up to games?

What's with Wests fans making stuff up?