What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Marlins

Juniors
Both crowds in Bathurst and Darwin look great. They might not be record breaking crowds but it's still good to see RL support in these areas.

POPEYE

Coach
If you take into account the number of League supporters that turn up per capita the effort in Bathurst is at least equal to any in Sydney

TheFrog

Coach
8,730 at Panthers
Less than 100 short of the best crowd Penrith have had at this match in 4 attempts. I was at that match in 2014 and it wouldn't have held many more. Lots of them would have been standing too. This is an old fashioned country town footy oval. It reminds me of the old Cumberland Oval but less than half as big.

POPEYE

Coach
If the NRL made a game mandatory every two weeks at a better ground like the one at Mudgee, could be built in a central location like Orange and made it a comfortable 15k fit, they would probably come close to filling it regularly

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Brilliant in Darwin and bathurst. Agree with the sentiment that a full country round in place of city country would be great event for the game

Thursday and Friday 6pm are killing crowds but at the same time even the afternoon slots and rest of the rounds are not filling grounds in good conditions with form teams.

The NRL could easily move teams in to interstate captials - Darwin, Perth, Adelaide - and still be happy with 10-15,000 crowds.

I know I'm repeating myself but the NRL could do worse.

If Sydney clubs not already taking a game elsewhere, should take 1 game to major NSW country areas. There are plenty of venues...Wagga Wagga, Bathurst, Orange, Coffs Harbour. Again, a 10,000 crowd who cares? It's fine. If NRL is a tv game now, then 10000 is fine and who cares where it's played with it on tv.

I just watched a 1991 Steelers game. Absolutely packed. There's an area with little engagement despite supposedly having a team. Central Coast is another. Stop the saturated Sydney market and move games around.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The NRL could easily move teams in to interstate captials - Darwin, Perth, Adelaide - and still be happy with 10-15,000 crowds.

I know I'm repeating myself but the NRL could do worse.

If Sydney clubs not already taking a game elsewhere, should take 1 game to major NSW country areas. There are plenty of venues...Wagga Wagga, Bathurst, Orange, Coffs Harbour. Again, a 10,000 crowd who cares? It's fine. If NRL is a tv game now, then 10000 is fine and who cares where it's played with it on tv.

I just watched a 1991 Steelers game. Absolutely packed. There's an area with little engagement despite supposedly having a team. Central Coast is another. Stop the saturated Sydney market and move games around.

The nrl has done nothing, every game played elsewhere is an initiative of the club, not the nrl. Instead of just giving the clubs millions of $'s more from next year they could have reduced the main grant and offered decent incentives for clubs to move 2 games a year to strategically important venues. You might have even got a club willing to take a second city option and play 3 games a year somewhere else and really adopt the region, if the money had been right, say $1million per game. But that would take some vision and we all know greenburg is a self confessed non visionary.

Eg Roosters - gosford
Souths - Perth
Bulldogs - Wellington
Wests - Adelaide