What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Teddyboy

First Grade
Why don't we just have regional Rd

All 8 games in country towns once a year
No all these
The NRL could easily move teams in to interstate captials - Darwin, Perth, Adelaide - and still be happy with 10-15,000 crowds.

I know I'm repeating myself but the NRL could do worse.

If Sydney clubs not already taking a game elsewhere, should take 1 game to major NSW country areas. There are plenty of venues...Wagga Wagga, Bathurst, Orange, Coffs Harbour. Again, a 10,000 crowd who cares? It's fine. If NRL is a tv game now, then 10000 is fine and who cares where it's played with it on tv.

I just watched a 1991 Steelers game. Absolutely packed. There's an area with little engagement despite supposedly having a team. Central Coast is another. Stop the saturated Sydney market and move games around.
I think Darwin, Wagga Wagga, Bathurst, Orange, Coffs Harbour etc could have their own NRL teams or at least have a 2 division NRL with promotion and relegation because if Penrith get 10000 and the same for Souths at ANZ and Roosters at SFS then whats so bad getting 10000-15000 in these regional areas.
Maybe the poor crowds for some Sydney teams is because Sydney is becoming like London with changing demographics of the population yet places like Darwin, Wagga Wagga etc are still Australian ?.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Why don't we just have regional Rd

All 8 games in country towns once a year

This would be so easy to set up

Most teams are doing it anyway add this to a few crucial areas and it's done

Darwin -eels v cowboys
Mackay - South's v brisbane
Gosford - roosters v newcastle
Hobart - storm v sharks
Bathurst - penrith v St George
Noosa -manly v gold coast
Mudgee - tigers v nz warriors
Wagga - raiders v dogs

Would get 130k crowds as well

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
lol

i can just imagine Grrandpa Tosser telling his grand kids stories about how he used to troll a Rugby League forum

they'd be sitting there in awe

DC_fan

Coach
it will be interesting to see what crowd the Roosters v Storm pull in Adelaide in a couple of weeks. The stadium seats over 50,000 so let's hope we fill the ground, or go close to doing so.

Perth Red

Post Whore
it will be interesting to see what crowd the Roosters v Storm pull in Adelaide in a couple of weeks. The stadium seats over 50,000 so let's hope we fill the ground, or go close to doing so.

Adelaide crowds have been sub 10k last few attempts, anything over 14k is a big positive.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Round results

Brisbane 30,578
Titans 14,067
Eels (Darwin) 11,968
Wests 10,066
Panthers (Bathurst) 8,730
Sharks 7,912
Manly 4,189
Bulldogs tbc

Perth Red

Post Whore
11,400 in the rain. What did Sydney get this week in the rain? Or any week in the rain?
If Adelaide get 11k in the rain it will be a great result.
Such is the popularity of the nrl in Australia.