What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Emu01

Juniors
If Penrith can get 16k today and The Sea Eagles 14.. It will be 15k for the weekend.

It's going to be a tough ask.Its a nice day in Sydney so you never know.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Sydney fans have spoken and Day time games at Suburban grounds is what they want.

If you want a 15k avg it is. Better this game got 10k on a thursday night and the Bulldogs v eels got 25k at anz on a Sunday I'd have thought?

Emu01

Juniors
If you want a 15k avg it is. Better this game got 10k on a thursday night and the Bulldogs v eels got 25k at anz on a Sunday I'd have thought

Yes that sounds logical, but The Nrl stuffed up the schedule this weekend big time.. most weekends for that matter actually.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...kick-off-drama-nrl/1qk1ju5yjujk41edwwpu0xbqhi

Parra's genius plan to get around 6pm kick-off drama

Updated at 2:16 a.m. ET

We can all agree that the Friday 6pm NRL kick-off is awful for fans who actually want to attend footy matches.

For many it's simply impossible to get to any stadium - especially in Sydney - in time for kick-off after finishing work for the week.

The Bunnies-Dragons game at the SCG last Friday proved that. The crowd was embarrassing.

So, the Eels have taken ingenious route of attempting to get their fans permission to leave work early.

With a Friday evening game against the Knights, the Eels published a letter from coach Brad Arthur asking bosses around Sydney to let their Parra supporting employees leave work early.

"To whom it may concern: Please allow passionate Parramatta Eels supporters to leave work early on Friday, August 11," the letter read.

"It’s the tail end of our 70th season and we need our fans at ANZ Stadium for the 6pm kick off to help bring our Blue & Gold home.

"Thank you for your understanding.

"Sincerely, Brad Arthur."

-eels-letter_kkg8d0o0dl8i1eh0gpgjok5rc.png

hutch

First Grade
Yes for a 1 off event that is hyped or a meaningful game maybe, but not week in week out.. Trust me on this long time Sydney fan here.

Yeah I don't really need to trust you, I have also lived in Sydney my entire life.
As shit as anz is, it still averages bigger crowds than suburban grounds. A new rectangle stadium with multiple modes for expected crowds is essential to grow crowds. There is a need for both, but for crowds to grow the bigger games (between tigers, eels, Souths, dogs, dragons) should be in bigger stadiums.

Latest posts