What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok: AFL tv ratings in Sydney are sht (but better than most NRl TV ratings in AFL cities)
2018 the NRl does not control the KO times. Sure it might put teams that have crp crowds anyway int he crp slots and keep the biggest likely drawing games for the best fan friendly Ko times, we can but hope. Now if they can also just stop it raining in Sydney we'd be set!

Canard

Immortal
Ok: AFL tv ratings in Sydney are sht (but better than most NRl TV ratings in AFL cities)
2018 the NRl does not control the KO times. Sure it might put teams that have crp crowds anyway int he crp slots and keep the biggest likely drawing games for the best fan friendly Ko times, we can but hope. Now if they can also just stop it raining in Sydney we'd be set!

Can I buy a vowel??

Thursday...
A work day.
Late night shopping.
A school day.
Training night.
Traffic is murder too.

No sane merkin is going out to footy.

Footy is for the weekend.

adamkungl

Immortal
13500 is a good crowd *

* for a drizzly Thursday.
Predictions on here were sub-10,000.

A Roosters Bulldogs game in good weather on a weekend should be clearing 20,000.

As PR said, the NRL doesn't care how many people show up.
It set an ambitious target but actively implements measures to avoid reaching it.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
What's the capacity 47k

A bit more, but corporate sales are probably bad due to overpricing. They have been constantly emailing the last few weeks.

My estimate is that for GA mode they take 3-5k. I remember both Broncos v Rabbits ANZAC day 14 and the derby last year sold out and the crowds were 44.1k and 46.1k.

40k general fans and Broncos members + 3k Corporates + 3k Stadium members. The same 46k crowd looks likely.

If they don't keep the corner bays empty for crowd ease it will be more like 47.5k.

Emu01

Juniors
Cowboys Topped the crowds in round 1.

The mighty Broncos Round 2.

Titans Round 3?

Lol@Sydney

Wait till we get a couple of blockbusters around Easter show time and Anzac Day game. We will dominate those weekends bucko!

The nrl did this deliberately mate so you get your blockbusters and we get ours a bit later on..

Canard

Immortal
Wait till we get a couple of blockbusters around Easter show time and Anzac Day game. We will dominate those weekends bucko!

The nrl did this deliberately mate so you get your blockbusters and we get ours a bit later on..

Yes upwards of 20k...

El Diablo

Post Whore
Didn't swans get 42k to a July Thursday night game last year? Seems it is a rl thing not to go out during the week not a Sydney thing.

For nrl in sydney on a Thursday night with a chance of rain 13.5k is good, sad that the bar is so low but it is what it is.
It's not relevant to NRL so of little interest to me or most on here. You seem somewhat AFL fixated and homoerotic? Is there a connection?

carcharias

Immortal
13500 is a good crowd *

* for a drizzly Thursday.
Predictions on here were sub-10,000.

A Roosters Bulldogs game in good weather on a weekend should be clearing 20,000.

As PR said, the NRL doesn't care how many people show up.
It set an ambitious target but actively implements measures to avoid reaching it.
I agree it's a decent crowd under the circumstances.
PR however suggested Syd teams move games to NZ
Hahahahaha
Let's all kick back and enjoy the hilarity that is an NRL crowd in a monsoon.

Latest posts