What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

AJB1102

First Grade
Under 16K in Canberra and 7K were Sharks fans! Very bloody happy Sharks fans too I'd reckon. Not even Tongue blowing a big gay horn could get them home.

But ey, crowds are what is important. Maybe @Raiderdave could tell me how many competition points a crowd that size gets you, I can find it anywhere on nrl.com

Only 8 and a bit thousand Raiders fans turned up but luckily the Sharkies tipped in 7K of their own faithful to bring the total to just under 16K. Sharks were also the only ones providing any entertainment on the night too.

I think perhaps because you're not used to your club bringing much of an away contingent, you might be overestimating the number of Sharks fans slightly. Based on the tele, let's say 4k. That's still very good for a game 3 hours away.

AJB1102

First Grade
I think perhaps because you're not used to your club bringing much of an away contingent, you might be overestimating the number of Sharks fans slightly. Based on the tele, let's say 4k. That's still very good for a game 3 hours away.

Mate if Dave can make shit up so can I.

Just because you dared dispute my alternate facts I've upped it to 8K each. Close call but with Ennis in the commentary box it nudges it out in the Shark's favour.

Poor form, Raiders.

hahahahahaha more Sharks at a Raider's home game hahahahaha

carcharias

Immortal
I've never not gone to something because it's raining, but then again I'm not a soft Aussie lol when you've grown up watching rl in the north of England through winter a bit of rain seems very much an excuse.

Says the English tosser who once famously complained that the line at Shark Park To buy a coffee was too long.

I just wish there were more people there to witness that last night.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Says the English tosser who once famously complained that the line at Shark Park To buy a coffee was too long.

I just wish there were more people there to witness that last night.

Hey they get upwards of 5k at most English games! Per Capita there League crowds are lower then the ALeague and Netball but you know rain.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Fellas the ticket sales in the reserved seating bays for Tigers v Penrith better pick up. I expected better.

Pommy

Coach
Hey they get upwards of 5k at most English games! Per Capita there League crowds are lower then the ALeague and Netball but you know rain.

Yeah it's hardly a comparison when Rugby league has less presence in England than netball and association football do in Australia.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Under 16K in Canberra and 7K were Sharks fans! Very bloody happy Sharks fans too I'd reckon. Not even Tongue blowing a big gay horn could get them home.

But ey, crowds are what is important. Maybe @Raiderdave could tell me how many competition points a crowd that size gets you, I can find it anywhere on nrl.com

and about 700 were sharks fans
not too shabby .. : )
maybe the sharks fans there last night could take notes & take them back to their clubs management to help build the atmosphere at their ground seeing as no one seems to want to go it haha

Raiderdave

First Grade
16k is a very solid raiders crowd. Obviously because dave is in here trolling around the clock the raiders need 20k crowds to satisfy the thread but 16k is good. What worries me is next weeks crowd

we have 17K members already ( 5K more then the premiers I might add )
the Tigers have good support down here too ( unlike the sharks ) & could be 2-0 heading in to that game
plus it won't be a long weekend down here next week either

crowd should be ok
well... should be more then 11493 anyway lol

carcharias

Immortal
and about 700 were sharks fans
not too shabby .. : )
maybe the sharks fans there last night could take notes & take them back to their clubs management to help build the atmosphere at their ground seeing as no one seems to want to go it haha

Haha

Mate
Flogged all over the park
Empty seats everywhere

The raiders are our bitches