What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Burns

First Grade
Newcastle have two upcoming Friday matches back to back in Round 6 & Round 7 (Easter Round).

Are offering '2 for 1' - Free ticket to Good Friday match against Roosters for all ticket types bought against the Bulldogs match.

Top stuff.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I think the Melbourne crowd will be closer to 20,000 on Saturday night.

A Saturday night game will naturally bring in a higher crowd than the only other game in town this season so far ( 16k on a Thursday night), the Storm are currently 4-0, there's no AFL game in town Saturday night, Melbournian's are now thinking it's 'footy season' as AFL is back plus it's free entry for kids for both this game and next Sunday's home game.

I hope youre right
I can't see 20K for Penrith though in a H&A game
theyre not a big draw card
but we'll see

Raiderdave

First Grade
Easter is a bit of a worry at this stage
the 4 Sydney sides playing on Friday & Monday are all in varying levels of indifferent form & this may affect the crowds adversley
30K for both would be a good result I think

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Canterbury v Brisbane 8.5k
Sydney v Manly 6k
North qld v south's 14k
Cronulla v Newcastle 12k
Canberra v Parramatta 14k
Melbourne v Penrith 15k
Warriors v gold coast 10k
West's v Illawarra 12k

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yes broncos are shit and lazy. They take Brisbane supporters as fools. A second team is exactly what needs to happen. Bring on the arms race. Not sure about 25k average but I'm sure a second team in Brisbane with reciprocol rights to suncorp would help boost crowd numbers across the board.

But I don't think Sydney can use that excuse when Melbourne has the supporters/fans/crowds they have.

I think they can, i just take it as a declaration of support for cutting a Sydney team or 2...

Emu01

Juniors
Canterbury v Brisbane 8.5k
Sydney v Manly 6k
North qld v south's 14k
Cronulla v Newcastle 12k
Canberra v Parramatta 14k
Melbourne v Penrith 15k
Warriors v gold coast 10k
West's v Illawarra 12k

6k for roosters game, I hope your wrong I'm going to this game with a group of 12 people.

Talking with a few of them and they are stoked at the 6pm time slot, said they will be home in bed at a early time and it's kid friendly.

We will see but they are undeafeted this season surely they can crack 10.

taipan

Referee
6k for roosters game, I hope your wrong I'm going to this game with a group of 12 people.

Talking with a few of them and they are stoked at the 6pm time slot, said they will be home in bed at a early time and it's kid friendly.

He'll amend it to 6,013

beave

Coach
A few years ago (2011-12??), the Cowbs got scheduled to play the Storm on Easter Sunday night at 7pm in the 'ville.

We got 20k.

Billy Slater obviously drags a lot in because he's from Innisfail and Cronk and Smith because of the origin thing, but that slot really seemed to work because it allowed people from out of town to head to the 'ville and spend the weekend with their fam in the 'big smoke' for easter (most people up there have family/friends in Townsville) and then go to the game sunday night and head home monday on the public holiday.

20k is a great crowd figure especially for a storm away game and the fact I can't imagine many Sydney teams wanting that perticular slot and I thought 'f**k, they're onto something here, surely this has got to be a regular occurrance now'. You know, build a tradition and all that.

Guess how many times we've been scheduled to play those storm fruits on an easter sunday in Townsville since that night?

f**king 0 times.

I know we are only one club but I could seriously come up with a schedule for my team that would pretty much ensure an average of 18-19k roughly if not more every year. That include giving us minimal home games in the early part of the season when the weather can be utterly horrendous and outright dangerous. A sequence of 2 away, one home, 2 away, one home would be ideal. That means in the first 6 weeks we would only 2 homes games, guess how many we have this year in the first 6 weeks (wet/cyclone season)?

f**king 4.

Absolute geniuss.

We don't want special favours in NQ, but some common sense with scheduling games for us, especially during the cyclone season when it's pretty hard to go to a game when it's howling wind and hosing with rain. If Debbie had of directly hit Townsville yesterday, who knows if they could have had the ground prepped in time for the game on friday?

Here's another scheduling idea for us, and its for an away game. Last saturday was the first time in 3 years we have played on the GC. You would think with the issues the Titans have had over the last few years with crowds and cash, it would be a no brainer that the qld teams have got to play each other twice a year. It blew me away when the draw came out in 2015 and 2016 that for both years, we weren't up against the titans on the GC.

Utter madness.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Truly the darkest timeline.

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

Valheru

Coach

I'm optimistic about the roosters crowd tomorrow cracking 10k and maybe even getting 12k plus. As you say, we are undefeated, Manly are in good form and this is only our 2nd home game of the season and 1 of 4 home games for our first 12 games with the others being round 2 (Thursday), ANZAC Day and a Sunday game in round 11 I think it is.

So hopefully a lot of chooks fans/members have pencilled this one in as the most ideal time to attend in the first 2.5 months of the season.

papabear

Juniors
Easts have less fans then Penrith.

That being said, if they get good weather on friday morning... they will get a good crowd.

adamkungl

Immortal
I still reckon we'll get a decent turnout tomorrow night. SFS is one of the few grounds where 6pm might work.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"Come and watch the team that got flogged 36-0 last weekend" doesn't really entice people to attend.

morley101

Juniors
Traffic can be the only excuse not turning up tonight... Plenty of parking and seats undercover.

I went to last Thursday''s game at ANZ and was comfortable sitting undercover... its not cold.

Latest posts