What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
so predictions for this week ?

Broncos V Roosters 32000
Knights V Bulldogs 14000
Panthers V Souths 14000
Manly V Dragons 14000
Titans V Raiders 14000
Cowboys V Tigers 16000
Warriors V Parramatta 12000
Melbourne v Sharks 22000

I wish Dave.

Broncos v Roosters tickets are selling pretty poorly, fairly behind against Canberra. Bit of showery weather forecast both today and tomorrow. Could be anywhere from 24-29k.

Paullyboy

Coach
The cowbs broncs game at Suncorp this year, my mates and I got to the stadium area at 6:30pm and it took 35 mins to line up and get through the gates. It was the earliest I could get there as I work til 5pm like most people. The 45 mins earlier kick off just compresses that access window for everyone and as a result the line ups to get in were huge and we all missed the kick off. The southern gates had people line up over the footbridge across Milton Rd.

Not everyone can knock off early on a friday, and the fact you can pretty much only get public transport into suncorp means you are relying on the train or bus schedule, where I live they leave every 30 mins towards central, it's not as easy you would think to get there mate.
I finished work at Cannon Hill at 5. I had time to drive home, get changed, get an uber and be at the Newstead Brewing Co pub next to the stadium by 6pm without any hassles. I proceeded to have several pints, wondered over to the gate at 655 and walked straight in.

I refuse to believe anyone else struggled.

Marlins

Juniors
Brisbane vs Sydney 28k
Newcastle vs Canterbury 16K
Penrith vs South Sydney 14K
Manly vs St.George 12K
Gold Coast vs Canberra 14K
NQLD vs Wests 16K
NZ vs Parramatta 18K
Melbourne vs Cronulla 22K

Paullyboy

Coach
It's five games at the start of the season for f**k sake.

And I doubt what a handful of beer drinkers do is their top priority, either.
It's always entertaining watching people going off about something when they've completely mis-read the post.

My post suggested the ONLY way you could be watching the 5pm game in QLD was if you were next to a pub at knock-off time, not that people want to be at the pub to watch it. There is literally no way anyone is getting anywhere else in time to watch the game if they finish at a normal business time.

And for the record, I hope you finally got that job at the NRL you've been angling for for all these years. You've clearly got the mindset they like. Narrow-minded, Sydney centric and don't understand the customer base.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's always entertaining watching people going off about something when they've completely mis-read the post.

My post suggested the ONLY way you could be watching the 5pm game in QLD was if you were next to a pub at knock-off time, not that people want to be at the pub to watch it. There is literally no way anyone is getting anywhere else in time to watch the game if they finish at a normal business time.

And for the record, I hope you finally got that job at the NRL you've been angling for for all these years. You've clearly got the mindset they like. Narrow-minded, Sydney centric and don't understand the customer base.
LOL the default refrain of a Canberran when their position is challenged, label someone Sydney-centric.

Too bad I live in Melbourne.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Brisbane vs Sydney 27k
Newcastle vs Canterbury 15K
Penrith vs South Sydney 14K
Manly vs Illawarra 12K
Gold Coast vs Canberra 12k
NQLD vs Wests 16K
NZ vs Parramatta 14k
Melbourne vs Cronulla 16K

beave

Coach
I finished work at Cannon Hill at 5. I had time to drive home, get changed, get an uber and be at the Newstead Brewing Co pub next to the stadium by 6pm without any hassles. I proceeded to have several pints, wondered over to the gate at 655 and walked straight in.

I live probably 10x the distance away from suncorp than you do mate, an Uber is $70 each way (i know because i got one home) so public transport that comes with the ticket is the only feasible and affordable means. Im not making excuses here but i live in one of the biggest growth corridors in Brisbane so i'm not on my Pat Malone that has to rely on the public transport system to get to a game.

What gate did you use to get in? Because if you have ever got off at Milton with a decent crowd, it's like cattle moving in a raceway with the narrow walkways are. You can't walk around people you have to just go with the flow, the line up at the southern gate was massive because most people who catch the train in from the southside of brissy get off at milton and walk from the station and use that closest gate. It took over 15 mins just to get from Milton station to the southern concourse area outside the stadium, and then another 35odd mins of waiting in line to go through the turnstiles.

On a normal game night there's not much of an issue with that later 7:45pm slot, but the 7pm just becomes a real bitch if you can't leave work earlier than a normal time for a lot of people.

My life revolves around league (especially when my Cowbs are in town) but even I missed the kick off underestimating the line ups to get in at 6:30pm, and from the abuse the poor staff were copping that were manning the turnstiles for the ridiculous waiting time, would indicate that many others were as well.

Paullyboy

Coach
LOL the default refrain of a Canberran when their position is challenged, label someone Sydney-centric.

Too bad I live in Melbourne.
I'm from Brisbane actually. And thanks for dodging the main point of the reply. I'll assume that means you realise you were wrong.

Paullyboy

Coach
I live probably 10x the distance away from suncorp than you do mate, an Uber is $70 each way (i know because i got one home) so public transport that comes with the ticket is the only feasible and affordable means. Im not making excuses here but i live in one of the biggest growth corridors in Brisbane so i'm not on my Pat Malone that has to rely on the public transport system to get to a game.

What gate did you use to get in? Because if you have ever got off at Milton with a decent crowd, it's like cattle moving in a raceway with the narrow walkways are. You can't walk around people you have to just go with the flow, the line up at the southern gate was massive because most people who catch the train in from the southside of brissy get off at milton and walk from the station and use that closest gate. It took over 15 mins just to get from Milton station to the southern concourse area outside the stadium, and then another 35odd mins of waiting in line to go through the turnstiles.

On a normal game night there's not much of an issue with that later 7:45pm slot, but the 7pm just becomes a real bitch if you can't leave work earlier than a normal time for a lot of people.

My life revolves around league (especially when my Cowbs are in town) but even I missed the kick off underestimating the line ups to get in at 6:30pm, and from the abuse the poor staff were copping that were manning the turnstiles for the ridiculous waiting time, would indicate that many others were as well.

Could you not have driven rather than public transport? There are plenty of places you can find a cheeky park in and around the stadium.

As for what gate I went in, I'm not sure, but it's at the Milton Road end on the corner nearest the QRL offices and there were a multitude of empty gates. As a matter of fact I figured the crowd was going to be tiny given how few people were going through - I guess they all get there early.

Perth Red

Post Whore
After 5 rounds 2017 (2016)

Total crowd 568,218 (647,116)
Avg 14,205 (16,178)

Down 12% on last year. lets hope the sun starts shining in Sydney and the clubs with bigger fanbases pick up some wins.

Tv is also down 3% which is strange given you'd think more people would be home watching on TV in wet weather?

Source: footyindustry.com

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Mate you work in a suburban area. Far better than in the city.

If I leave work at 5pm I then have to get to the bus and then get home (PADDINGTON) at 5:50pm at the earliest, then quickly get changed and head directly back to Suncorp, get to Caxton st by about 6:30-6:45.

Anyone else working in the city that doesn't have the luxury of living so close to Suncorp is screwed. Unless they go in their work clothes etc, no thanks!

Perth Red

Post Whore

If I leave work at 5pm I then have to get to the bus and then get home (PADDINGTON) at 5:50pm at the earliest, then quickly get changed and head directly back to Suncorp, get to Caxton st by about 6:30-6:45.

Anyone else working in the city that doesn't have the luxury of living so close to Suncorp is screwed. Unless they go in their work clothes etc, no thanks!

Sounds like they need some fans changing rooms and lockers at the stadium!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm from Brisbane actually. And thanks for dodging the main point of the reply. I'll assume that means you realise you were wrong.
Not really, you were responding to the point I made that DST is only a consideration for the first 4-6 rounds each season and it's not really a big deal.

Nothing you said disputed that.

dogz08

First Grade

Avg 14,205 (16,178)

Down 12% on last year. lets hope the sun starts shining in Sydney and the clubs with bigger fanbases pick up some wins.

Tv is also down 3% which is strange given you'd think more people would be home watching on TV in wet weather?

it makes your day posting stuff like that

Paullyboy

Coach

I only go home because it's on the way, if I worked in the city I'd be going straight to Caxton Street and be there by 530.

Surely if you worked in the city you'd just go straight there?

Raiderdave

First Grade

Avg 14,205 (16,178)

we'd had easter by this time last year
180K in one round
so it skews the figures a bit ...

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I only go home because it's on the way, if I worked in the city I'd be going straight to Caxton Street and be there by 530.

Surely if you worked in the city you'd just go straight there?

I have in the past, but in a tie and white shirt its not always the best. If you take clothes to change into, you will always have something to clean up come Monday morning. For me and most of the people I work with, they want to be going home then coming back in. Particularly the people that want to pick up their kids etc.

If I lived further out, I wouldn't have the option of coming home. I just hate the 7pm games with a passion, as do most people I know, always results in a rush.

Latest posts