What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dry night? We've had over 100mm of rain these last 2 days...sure it didn't rain during the game but a lot of people probably expected that it would.

So people didn't go because it might have rained? Deary me. Did the afl manage to draw more than 8000 in the possibly, rainy night?

Brutus

Referee
It didn't rain in Sydney after midday yesterday. Weather no real excuse. Yeah it poured on Wednesday but Wednesday is not Thursday. Stop playing these marquee games on f**king Thursday nights then you will get a decent crowd.

carcharias

Immortal
It didn't rain in Sydney after midday yesterday. Weather no real excuse. Yeah it poured on Wednesday but Wednesday is not Thursday. Stop playing these marquee games on f**king Thursday nights then you will get a decent crowd.

Ey
It absolutely flogged down after midday.
I was at Kogarah at about 1pm and it was torrential ( the joint needed a wash though )
Then when I was safely back in the shire it still rained on and off for a few more hours.

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Ey
It absolutely flogged down after midday.
I was at Kogarah at about 1pm and it was torrential ( the joint needed a wash though )
Then when I was safely back in the shire it still rained on and off for a few more hours.
Must've been a lot like Melbourne weather ol'mate

carcharias

Immortal
So people didn't go because it might have rained? Deary me. Did the afl manage to draw more than 8000 in the possibly, rainy night?

They didn't go because it was a Thursday night.

Right there you lose a couple of thousand
Secondly it was flogging down for 48 hours prior and more rain originally was predicted.
People don't just decide to go to the footy 10 mins before kickoff.

Thirdly, we've won the comp now so people have maybe lost the motivation to go in shit weather mid week.

Plus
It was on 9 and fox

But anyway you keep chipping away
Perth gets another demonstration game at some point I'm sure.

POPEYE

Coach
They didn't go because it was a Thursday night.

Right there you lose a couple of thousand
Secondly it was flogging down for 48 hours prior and more rain originally was predicted.
People don't just decide to go to the footy 10 mins before kickoff.

Thirdly, we've won the comp now so people have maybe lost the motivation to go in shit weather mid week.

Plus
It was on 9 and fox

But anyway you keep chipping away
Perth gets another demonstration game at some point I'm sure.
Only a die hard who pays for Fox would pay twice to see the same game

Raiderdave

First Grade
20,692 for the fumbles & bumbles GF rematch

not sure what to make of that
other then that'd be a lot less then they were expecting too Id say.

Marley

Juniors
20,692 for the fumbles & bumbles GF rematch

not sure what to make of that
other then that'd be a lot less then they were expecting too Id say.
Fairweather just like other Sydney teams in general. Still, they were 3-7 heading into the match so it holds up as their minimum base.

Frailty

First Grade
The NRL has scheduled 3 Thursday night games at Cronulla - and they have been against Brisbane, North Queensland, and Melbourne. All interstate teams. Why have these games on Thursday night which rules out any potential crowd travelling interstate for the game? It is absolutely ridiculous.

And that's without going on about how bad Thursday nights are anyway.

Brutus

Referee
Yep Thursday night is the real killer here. There will be no 20,000 plus average NRL crowds while we have crowd-killing timeslots like Thursday night.

adamkungl

Immortal
Yep Thursday night is the real killer here. There will be no 20,000 plus average NRL crowds while we have crowd-killing timeslots like Thursday night.

Cracks me up when people in here try to claim the NRL does actually care about crowds..

The amount of money clubs are losing because of poor timeslots must be astronomical

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Gee the Sharkies have copped some Thursday nights, the crowd was low; obviously. But the factors going into last nights game excuse the poor crowd. Thursday nights are horrible, possibly worse than Mondays due to kick off being an hour later. The amount of rain that Sydney has had has been atronomical; people would have already made up their minds by kick off. The Storm are also another out of town team.
PR go shove it, if you had a one off Perth game in the same conditions it wouldn't do much better, let alone 12 home games.
FYI I am in favour of a Perth team.

juggalo

Juniors
I live at Miranda and it poured down when I got home from work at about 5pm. The sooner they get rid of Thursday nights the better. 8pm kickoff is terrible, game doesn't finish till 945 then by the time you get home it's 1030/11 so no chance kids are going to be going out that late on a school night. Has any other team got shafted worse than the Sharks for scheduling this year?

Latest posts